Author Topic: Code::Blocks was configured to be installed in 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks/shar  (Read 4981 times)

Offline Andries

• Single posting newcomer
Dear Code::Blocks team,

I have successfully installed CB under Ubuntu, but don't get it working under Windows XP Service Pack 2. I have tried this various times either using the files from the Nightly Build posts and from the installer provided at

http://www.sci.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~goetz/codeblocks/

But be convinced the following error message does not arise because of the use of this installer, I also get it using the nightly builds, and manipulation of the mentioned environment variable to some value does not help.

I get the following error message :

Cannot find resources...
Code::Blocks was configured to be installed in 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks/share/codeblocks'.
Please use the command-line switch '--prefix' or set the CODEBLOCKS_DATA_DIR environment variable to point where Code::Blocks is installed, or try re-installing the application...

Who can help me to get beyond this error message. (I am sure I am being a naive, "stupid" user of CB.)
Thanks a lot in advance!

Andre

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Try deleting C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\codeblocks folder and then run code::blocks again. :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Andries

Dear Biplab,

The file you mentioned did not exist. There was a directory

C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\.Codeblocks

Deleting that directory did not make a difference. I still get the same error message posted earlier.
I also checked that there was no .Codeblocks directory for the "AllUsers" or "Administrator" accounts.

Best regards,

Andre

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
The error comes up as C::B can't find it's resources. The resources are stored in <C::B>\share\codeblocks directory. But while loading C::B default.conf file is pointing the resources to a different directory.

Locate this file and delete it.

Regards,

Biplab
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Andries

Dear Biplab,

The fact that I could not find the .conf file you mentioned on my computer prompted me to check whatever ENVIRONMENT variables I had defined like the one in my error message, and that for a new clean attempt at correct operation I should also delete such variables. That solved the problem.
Thanx a lot for you help in hunting down this problem. Now I can use the fantastic C::B also under Windows!

Best regards,

Andre