Author Topic: The 18 January 2007 build is out.  (Read 19437 times)

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
    • http://ajonsson.kapsi.fi/
Re: The 18 January 2007 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 02:40:27 pm »
Hello,
due to a new system (SuSE 10.2, 64 bit) I decided to switch to a recent codeblocks version. But I couldn't find any 64bit nightlies and I don't know how to install the 32bit rpm (this gives huge problems between the 64bit and the 32bit versions of wx). Therefore I downloaded the svn version and built it (rev 3505). This went fine, but when I start codeblocks I just get the splash screen and nothing more. I tried several revisions but with no different results.
Does anyone have an idea what's going wrong?

Run Code::Blocks from terminal:

Code
$ codeblocks

see what it outputs.

Offline ASJ

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 03:50:19 pm »
It doesn't output anything in the terminal: a cursor on the next line while the splash screen is shown....that's all..

Offline lapique

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 04:17:17 pm »
When I start C::B, I get an error in C::B log window. Here is the complete startup log :

Manager initialized
Scanning for lexers in C:\Documents and Settings\picard\Application Data\codeblocks/share/codeblocks/lexers/...
Found 0 lexers
Scanning for lexers in C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks/share/codeblocks/lexers/...
Found 27 lexers
Configured 3 tools
Scanning for plugins in C:\Documents and Settings\picard\Application Data\codeblocks/share/codeblocks/plugins...
Found 0 plugins
Scanning for plugins in C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks/share/codeblocks/plugins...
ERROR: SDK version mismatch for ClearCase (1.11.6). Expecting 1.11.7  <<<<< HERE IT IS <<<<<
Found 27 plugins
Loading: AStylePlugin Autosave BYOGames CB_Koders ClassWizard CodeCompletion CodeSnippets CodeStat Compiler copystrings Debugger FilesExtensionHandler DevPakUpdater cbDragScroll EnvVars Exporter HelpPlugin cbKeyBinder lib_finder Profiler RegExTestbed ScriptedWizard SymTab ToDoList wxSmith wxSmithMime wxSmithWizard WindowsXPLookNFeel
Opening E:\prog\projets\VhProcess\VhProcess.cbp: done
Opening E:\prog\projets\VhProParam\VhProParam\VhProParam.cbp: done
Running startup script
Script/function 'edit_startup_script.script' registered under menu 'Settings/-Edit startup script'

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 04:44:19 pm »
damn, my clearcase plug-in got into a nightly, I am building already for 2 weeks on a different machine and have been very careful so it would not be in the nightly, and damn it got in. Go into the share directory of your CB and get rid of ClearCase zip and dll (dll is 1 level more down (plugins dir))

Offline AmR EiSa

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 04:44:58 pm »
i think i find bug in ide Editor when i try zoom in and out the number side don't zoom as will , and i can't upload the pic to forums !
i get that ( You already submitted this post! You might have accidently double clicked, or tried to refresh. )

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 05:01:20 pm »
my clearcase plug-in got into a nightly, I am building already for 2 weeks on a different machine and have been very careful so it would not be in the nightly
Been there for quite some time; 2007-01-08 nightly has it. (No errors, and I didn't know what it was so I disabled it.)
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline ASJ

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 05:33:26 pm »
does someone know whether a 64bits build will work on Suse 10.2 or whether the nightly 32bit version can be installed on suse 10.2 ? and if it can, is it possible to produce 64bit executables with the 32 bit version?

sorry to put the question here...didn't know where to put it elsewhere....

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 05:48:03 pm »
Install manually wxGTK 32 bit on to SUSE 10.2 64 bit. it may ask to install some packages, I was lucky and it asked only one package, don't remember which one. After that you can install CB i586 for SUSE 10.
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline ASJ

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 09:45:28 pm »
Thanks Grom, at least CB runs now (in 32bits).
Do you know whether it is possible to compile 64bit programs with this version? whenever I try to compile I get the error:
g++: no input files
while it seems the input file is there in the command prompt. This problem I do not have on my 32bit machine. Any idea?

thanks!

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 01:14:51 am »
On my SUSE 10.2 CB for 32 bit compiles 64 bit projects. It interacts with gcc only throw scripts. Here should be stupid bug, probably you didn't configure your project well or your CB was not tuned well to interact with gcc. Check compiler options.
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline kurapix

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 09:07:45 am »
How come the Ubuntu build isn't specific anymore? That's really great.
Everyday i come to see how Code::Blocks is going and everyday i see that you make it better and better ;) .
Thanks for all the good work you have made until there. I'll continue to learn to program ny my side ;) .
BTW continue the good works guys.

Kurapix
Code::Blocks package building script