Author Topic: SLAX Module Available  (Read 13117 times)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: SLAX Module Available
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 03:30:09 pm »
Please do note that wxWidgets 2.8 is not officially supported. It might accidentially work (we already have done one or the other compatibility fix), but honestly I doubt it will really do 100%.

Regarding the missing revision number, you need subversion installed on your system and you must check out sources (not use a tarball) to be able to build a version that includes the revision information. The former is pretty obvious, and the latter is due to a typo in the present svn version of autorevision (which is already updated).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

dnegroni

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 05:42:47 pm »
Hi,

I'll try with wxGTK2.8 installed, and also with the wxWidgets 2.6 as I did with the 1.0rc2 module.

Regarding the missing revision number, you need subversion installed on your system and you must check out sources

What I did is to give the following command:

"svn checkout http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/codeblocks/trunk"

and then I went into the trunk directory  and I created a tgz file that I used in my script to build the package.

What do you mean with "not use a tarball"? I should start from the trunk directory instead of using a source tgz file?

Thanks

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 09:23:51 am »
The revision number is determined by information stored in the .svn subdirectories. Subversion will not know this is a version controlled project if they aren't there.
Usually one does not include these in a tarball and you probably did not either (does not make sense normally).

To work around the "tarball problem", Daniel made a quite smart modification to make dist which generates a distribution that does not need those directories.
However, the generated file is unluckily overwritten due to a typo in the svn version of autorevision (one == should be <=). Thus, until the updated version is in svn, the only valid way of building and having version number information is from the working copy, sorry.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Elvis Enmanuel

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 11:03:06 am »