Author Topic: Could we have the old Symbols viewer back please?  (Read 5541 times)

Offline sls

• Single posting newcomer
Could we have the old Symbols viewer back please?
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:14:38 pm »
Heya. Take a look at this screenshot: http://www.codeblocks.org/img/screenshots/win_full.png

Now, I don't know about you, but I much prefer that way of viewing symbols to what is currently in what I have (build 3565). I like to be able to see the entire contents of the project in one box. Is there a way to bring this "ClassView"-like interface back? I couldn't find any setting in the options window.

n.b. Treat me gently; I don't know a lot about the development of development programs.

Thanks!
SLS

manianis

Re: Could we have the old Symbols viewer back please?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 11:33:34 pm »
Yes that's true... Yes the older Symbol viewer is more usefull than this one which views some methods twice I don't know why ?

manianis

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 11:41:37 pm »
Another request please... Is there a mean to have the methods come first and the member vars comes after them... It's more practical...  :(

Offline sls

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 10:34:02 pm »
bump (Sorry, but my question wasn't answered)

Offline raph

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 08:34:41 pm »
I like to be able to see the entire contents of the project in one box.
Signed.
Yes the older Symbol viewer is more usefull than this one which views some methods twice I don't know why ?
If you are writing
Code
void foo(const char*);
void foo(const char* str) { ... }
it'll be recognized as two symbols.

Another request please... Is there a mean to have the methods come first and the member vars comes after them... It's more practical...  :(
Signed, too :D.