Author Topic: Duplicate Compiler & debugger cross Plugin  (Read 5033 times)

enrico69

Duplicate Compiler & debugger cross Plugin
« on: January 10, 2007, 11:42:08 pm »
Hello to all,

last two weeks i modified C:B just adding a compiler plugin for a GCC compiler for V850/V850e cpu/microcontrollers

So now i get all target specific options .... it's good but i needed to add the ".S" extension to the project files group to get them compiled .....

I made some changes to the gdb plugin and it works but now i'd like to have more than one gdb plugin because i need also an ARM7 interface ..... so again GCC plugin and GDB Plugin.

I see the real change i need is around the register window ..... so i need some good idea to make this addendum in the simpler way ...

I was thining to make a dinamic list updated from the gdb output by the "info regs" command ... so it's the same for every target .....

Any good ideas are well accepted ....

An'other question: for ARM7 i'm using the openocd server .... may be it could be included as a plugin ? and just launched before connecting gdb ?

(Sorry for my poor english...)

Offline red660

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Duplicate Compiler & debugger cross Plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 02:41:33 pm »
I'm very interested to learn how you setup gdb to talk to your dev board.

I'm debugging an arm-7 dev board via a gdb stub that hooks into a parrallel port jtag dongle.
I've been using eclipse for the gdb front end.. but it's slow.

I'd love to know how to hook-up arm-elf-gdb to c::b.

Cheers,

Steve  :)

enrico69

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 10:22:37 pm »
Hi Steve,

Now i'm using a parallel port interface too, a wiggler clone from olimex with a small modification..... and it works ok with openocd as a server ...

You can find some info to "http://www.yagarto.de/" site and some other openocd site.

Since the parallel port is not so fast (i see often near to 55Kbits/s of dowload speed, from gdb report.... so it's similar to download using a 115200 uart) i'm developing a small USB interface ..... but i fall into some trouble to find the correct connector ....

As soon i get some spare time i will restart the interface project.

Currently i'm using the GVD debugger  connected to GDB.

Currently i've made some test with CodeBlocks and GCC compiler for NEC V850 and i'm going to test also ARM7 compiler ...... GVD is simple to use and stable enough but there are problems on c++ files ..... so codeblocks could be a good substitute ...

Some times i'm thinking to a serial remote stub useful to download the program directly to the flash mem...

Enrico

Offline red660

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 01:26:44 am »
Hi Enrico

Looks like GVD is no longer available as a separate download  :(
It seems to have been incoporated into the GNAT (ada) Programming Studio.. which amounts to a 69MB download (ouch)

Where did you obtain gvd from?

Cheers

Steve