Author Topic: The 06 january 2007 build will NOT be out.  (Read 10270 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 06 january 2007 build will NOT be out.
« on: January 06, 2007, 05:59:19 pm »
no commits

Offline xinlnix

• Single posting newcomer
Re: The 06 january 2007 build will NOT be out.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 10:42:42 pm »
Ceniza:
      You are right, please excuse me for my impertinence. But I think the code editor window can maximize though it adopts FireFox style.  or it could adopts eclipse style. do you think so?
      I wish it will be in the future.

kamikaze

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 01:19:22 am »
Hey, yo! How about syntax highlighting optimizations? I have a big delay on a startup on AMD Turion 64 X2 2.0GHz and 1GB RAM with 14 tabs with ~300 code lines in C in each tab. I don't think, that this is normal... thanx :)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 01:44:44 am »
For Your Information:
The "Nightly Builds" forum is for "Anything and everything related to the C::B nightly builds."
Brand new feature requests should NOT be submitted here.

You might try some of the other forums http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?board=5.0
or submit them at berlios http://developer.berlios.de/feature/?func=addfeature&group_id=5358

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 02:17:30 am »
Hey, yo! How about syntax highlighting optimizations? I have a big delay on a startup on AMD Turion 64 X2 2.0GHz and 1GB RAM with 14 tabs with ~300 code lines in C in each tab. I don't think, that this is normal... thanx :)

I suggest turning off code completion and then the other plugins except for the ones needed to verify where the issues is. I run with just the compiler plugin on and I have syntax highlighting that works. Also, I suggest downloading the newest nightly build for your OS and posting in the correct nightly build thread.
( The correct nightly build is the one that is the same as the build you are running.)
Tim S
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 02:31:30 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

CNU

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 10:27:52 am »
Hmm, after I updated Code::Blocks to 05 january 2007 yesterday I think I'm getting problems with Code::Blocks' DDE. If I double click a file associated with Code::Blocks inside explorer.exe, the explorer.exe process freezes until I close Code::Blocks and then I got some error about DDE. I tried removing the DDE keys from registry, then it worked nice, but Code::Blocks gave me lots of errors because it couldn't open those keys. I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 10:53:33 am »
Hmm, after I updated Code::Blocks to 05 january 2007 yesterday I think I'm getting problems with Code::Blocks' DDE. If I double click a file associated with Code::Blocks inside explorer.exe, the explorer.exe process freezes until I close Code::Blocks and then I got some error about DDE. I tried removing the DDE keys from registry, then it worked nice, but Code::Blocks gave me lots of errors because it couldn't open those keys. I'm using Windows XP SP2.
yes this problem started somewhere around 28-29 november of 2006.
I think if you turn off CodeCompletion, it might work again; Could you verify.

We were kind of expecting it might be due to a windows update, since the changes made at that time to cc have nothing to do with DDE, unless we have a timing/race issue.

CNU

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 11:17:36 am »
I haven't updated my Windows recently atleast. The version I was using until I upgraded was "Version 1.0 revision 3164 (2006-11-01 12:09:43) gcc 3.4.5 Windows/unicode" and I didn't have any problems with that one. I tried Settings -> Editor -> Code-completion and symbols browser -> [X] Disable code-completion. That didn't work atleast, maybe you meant disabling it some other way? ^^

edit: When I removed "[ ] Check & set file associations (Windows only)", and deleted the ddeexec keys from the registry CB stopped complaining about being unable to open keys atleast. Only problem is I get lots of Code::Blocks instances now instead of just one, but I'll probably get used to it ^^

edit2: Seems like it only freezes if there are no Code::Blocks currently running, so I'll just launch Code::Blocks first and then open files from explorer.exe as usual. I tried packing the files in winrar etc too, just to see if it only was explorer.exe freezing, but winrar.exe froze too.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:27:12 am by CNU »

Kalma

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 12:50:16 pm »
I dont if you meane the same, since some Nightly's, when I try to open a file from winrar  or explorer CB apears and shows the start-page.
Then only if I minimize it, CB comes up and shows the file I opened.
Im currently using the 5th January Build.

@ CNU

System: Win XP SP 2

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 03:27:17 pm »

yes this problem started somewhere around 28-29 november of 2006.
I think if you turn off CodeCompletion, it might work again; Could you verify.

We were kind of expecting it might be due to a windows update, since the changes made at that time to cc have nothing to do with DDE, unless we have a timing/race issue.

In Codecompletion line 948
Code
void CodeCompletion::OnAppDoneStartup(CodeBlocksEvent& event)
{
    // Let the app startup before parsing
    // This is to prevent the Splash Screen from delaying so much. By adding the
    // timer, the splash screen is closed and Code::Blocks doesn't take so long
    // in starting.
    m_timer.Start(200, wxTIMER_ONE_SHOT);
}
Line 948. CC still does not have an event.Skip() on its  EVT_APP_STARTUP_DONE routine.

You might want to put one there and see if the problem goes away.

Will check with Yiannis, if CodeCompletion should do the event skip.

Yes it should :).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 03:30:16 pm by Pecan »

CNU

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 03:40:28 pm »
Oh, I found out Code Completion was a plugin. When I disabled it in the plugins window instead of just Editor DDE stuff seems to work. Sorry, my bad =(

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 06:25:12 pm »
You might want to put one there and see if the problem goes away.
nope :-(