Author Topic: The 03 january 2007 build is out.  (Read 24591 times)

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
Re: The 03 january 2007 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 07:06:41 pm »
when i use split view there's no code highlight in second window, is this ok? im using winxp sp2

sethjackson

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 07:09:45 pm »
when i use split view there's no code highlight in second window, is this ok? im using winxp sp2

No it is not. There is a bug report for it at BerliOS.....

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 09:09:43 am »
Not good enough, if there's really a bug, it needs to be fixed.

Did you notify the TinyXML developers about the issue?
No, because I am not sure that what I was doing (and what you're doing) is actually legal in XML. It could very well be that TinyXML is right...
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
    • http://ajonsson.kapsi.fi/
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 10:29:11 am »
No, because I am not sure that what I was doing (and what you're doing) is actually legal in XML. It could very well be that TinyXML is right...

In Wikipedia it says:

A CDATA section is merely an alternative syntax for expressing character data; there is no semantic difference between character data that manifests as a CDATA section and character data that manifests as in the usual syntax in which "<" and "&" would be represented by "&lt;" and "&amp;", respectively.

There is of course the XML specification, Character data and markup

In the content of elements, character data is any string of characters which does not contain the start-delimiter of any markup and does not include the CDATA-section-close delimiter, "]]>". In a CDATA section, character data is any string of characters not including the CDATA-section-close delimiter, "]]>".

Are you sure they had problems with Chinese characters and not Japanese? From the TinyXML homepage:

For example, Japanese systems traditionally use SHIFT-JIS encoding. Text encoded as SHIFT-JIS can not be read by TinyXML. A good text editor can import SHIFT-JIS and then save as UTF-8.

But why would it then succeed in CDATA, no idea.