Author Topic: Autosave layout  (Read 5410 times)

Offline Revvy

• Multiple posting newcomer
Autosave layout
« on: December 31, 2006, 12:22:45 am »
I've been bitten multiple times by the fact that the layout is only saved when a project is closed, and then C::B crashes after a long editing session and I have to reopen all of the files I was using again.  It would be nice if saving the layout could be part of the Autosave process.  I was digging in the source, and at least for the first two cases it would only require a one or two line addition to autosave.cpp (p->SaveLayout().  Tada!)
Cheers,
Revvy

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Autosave layout
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 12:26:51 am »
good idea, since you've done already the research ... how about creating a patch yourself and register it at berlios, that would be a super help to us ?

kind regards

Offline Revvy

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 02:22:43 am »
The patch is ready.  I'm not set up for compiling Code::Blocks so I can't test it, but it looks pretty good to my eyes.  Berlios is down right now it seems (this is pretty common, lately!), but I'll upload it as soon as possible.
Cheers,
Revvy

Offline Revvy

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 06:17:03 am »
Hoo-ra, even better news!  I set up a C::B dev environment and actually tried out my patch (turns out it didn't even compile before!) and have now gone through about 3 iterations of it.  It now works flawlessly in all situations, so I'll attach it to Berlios as soon as the site starts working =\
Cheers,
Revvy

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 10:07:46 am »
congratulations, nice work.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 11:58:44 am »
applied -> see patch for more details (little change)