Author Topic: The 30 december 2006 build is out.  (Read 21912 times)

ElTorro

Re: The 30 december 2006 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 06:21:55 pm »
I tried Plugins, Manage Plugins, Keyboard shortcuts, disable but that crashed C::B.

Try disable code completion in cases like this, with code completion disable, most of the plugins can then be disable without crashes most of the time. Tim S

Plugins, Manage Plugins, Code completion, Disable.  function completes without error.
Plugins, Manage Plugins, Keyboard shortcuts, Disable, still crashes C:B.  Tried from a restart(C:B) , and reboot.

As far as the menu flicker, is this problem only happening for me or for others too?

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 06:47:27 pm »
I tried Plugins, Manage Plugins, Keyboard shortcuts, disable but that crashed C::B.

Try disable code completion in cases like this, with code completion disable, most of the plugins can then be disable without crashes most of the time. Tim S

Plugins, Manage Plugins, Code completion, Disable.  function completes without error.
Plugins, Manage Plugins, Keyboard shortcuts, Disable, still crashes C:B.  Tried from a restart(C:B) , and reboot.

As far as the menu flicker, is this problem only happening for me or for others too?

I did not observe any flicker. I am using Windows XP (SP2)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

ElTorro

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 07:35:21 pm »
Update. I hadn't noticed it before but it only happens with the File menu.  Any other menu item with a submenu does not flicker ( Edit, Bookmarks; View, Layouts; View, Toolbars; Project, Project tree; etc.)

Here are the ones that flicker:
File, New
File, Recent projects
File, Recent files
File, Import project
File, Export

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 08:00:43 pm »
Update. I hadn't noticed it before but it only happens with the File menu.  Any other menu item with a submenu does not flicker ( Edit, Bookmarks; View, Layouts; View, Toolbars; Project, Project tree; etc.)

File, New
File, Recent projects
File, Recent files
File, Import project
File, Export

Yes, I am also getting the similar problem. The problem is only with File menu.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006, 08:30:08 pm »

File, New
File, Recent projects
File, Recent files
File, Import project
File, Export

Yes, I am also getting the similar problem. The problem is only with File menu.

This small flicker (XP) has been been there as long as I can remember.
I just tried SVN3226 (November 16) and it's there also.
It appears to be a non issue to me. It is most likely comming from a dynamic UI update routine.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 08:33:06 pm by Pecan »

ElTorro

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 10:21:08 pm »
The file menu behavior is tied to a project being open.  It only seems to disappear when a project is open but otherwise remains.

Offline adam

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 04:41:20 am »
Just a wild guess but maybe the menu is being populated with dynamic names for open files and project and such after the menu is "opened" and then redraw cause a flicker to occur.