Author Topic: Codeblocks refuses to startup  (Read 4995 times)

Offline zorro

• Single posting newcomer
Codeblocks refuses to startup
« on: November 22, 2006, 10:58:30 am »
Some days ago I've installed codeblocks and it seemed to work, but when I tried to start it up today it refused, producing the error message: "another program instance is already running ...". I've removed the application and installed it again without success. What should I do? I'am running fedora code 6.

sethjackson

Re: Codeblocks refuses to startup
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 01:27:42 am »
* *nix n00b alert ;) *

Maybe

Code
rm -R ~/.cobeblocks

?

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 04:59:32 am »
From a terminal try killall codeblocks or use the system monitor to kill the process.

I've been having some trouble with this myself lately where Codeblocks doesn't shut down even though it looks like it did.

Offline zorro

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 09:06:53 am »
I've solved the problem with the help of a local guru. Codeblocks doesn't cleanup /tmp: if you shut down your OS without quitting codeblocks explicitly some files are not removed from /tmp. Next time you start up codeblocks it apparently thinks that an instance is active on the basis of these temporary files. Removing them manually solves the problem. Killing processes and rm -r ~/.codeblocks doesn't.

Offline sasq

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 11:01:56 pm »
What files exactly should be removed?
My C::B stuck on the same problem. None instance is running, so C::B is lying me :P  I've removed everything in /tmp and it still doesnt work for this user [for other users it works].
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:08:40 pm by sasq »