Author Topic: The 05 november 2006 build is out.  (Read 20412 times)

Offline gjsmo

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • i luv computers
    • My Blog
Re: The 05 november 2006 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 08:34:15 pm »
Got an error message saying an entry point in wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.dll is missing.
I'm attaching the popup for reference.
Try downloading the DLL again. Unzip it into your WINDOWS folder - you won't have to do it again unless you still get the error. If you have C:\MinGW\bin (or its equivalent) in your PATH, unzip it there instead. You really don't want to clutter up your WINDOWS folder if you can help it. Delete one in your codeblocks folder - it's probably corrupt (no, it is corrupt).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 08:38:31 pm by gjsmo »
http://www.danasoft.com/sig/gjsmo.jpg i luv linux.
There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.
oh yeah: "I didn't really say everything I said."      -Yogi Berra

Walter Z

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 09:11:55 pm »
Simple applications that make use of multithreading shouldn't need any additional compiler flags.

Thanks!

Offline Belgabor

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 10:27:41 pm »
Got an error message saying an entry point in wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.dll is missing.
I'm attaching the popup for reference.
Try downloading the DLL again. Unzip it into your WINDOWS folder - you won't have to do it again unless you still get the error. If you have C:\MinGW\bin (or its equivalent) in your PATH, unzip it there instead. You really don't want to clutter up your WINDOWS folder if you can help it. Delete one in your codeblocks folder - it's probably corrupt (no, it is corrupt).

I would recommend against that. Put it in the same folder as the C::B executable.

Freddy

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 02:47:25 am »
I include <windows.h> but, code completion for some API's like CreateFile() doesn't work. Although for API's like MessageBox() is does work.
Any ideas?

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 05:27:44 am »
I include <windows.h> but, code completion for some API's like CreateFile() doesn't work. Although for API's like MessageBox() is does work.
Any ideas?

Win32 uses macros. Lots of them. In strange and wonderful/awful ways. Code completion doesn't like macros.

The most common culprit is the fact that a ton of Win32 functions are actually macros typedef-ed to either the ANSI or Unicode version of the actual function. Whether this is the limiting factor in your case, I couldn't say. Suffice it to be known that, as always, code completion is a work in progress with known bugs and limitations.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)