Author Topic: If A Build Fails due to Warning, Program Launches Anyway  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
If A Build Fails due to Warning, Program Launches Anyway
« on: October 15, 2006, 11:44:53 pm »
Situation:
I have -Werror on (ie build fails when there are warnings) and have a built executable where Code::Blocks expects one.  I make a change that creates a warning during the build and causes the build to fail.  Meaning no new executable produced but there still is one.

Problem:
Code::Blocks launches the program anyways (even though it wasn't rebuilt because the compiler saw a warning) and removes warning messages from the message window.  If you aren't careful its looks like your program built correctly.

Solution:
If any source file is older than the current executable don't launch the program and keep the message pane (with the compiler's warning message) intact.  Possibly pop up a message telling the user the build failed.

Bug Report.

P.S.- Just turned CodeCompletion back on under Linux, and it rocks.  Despite about 3 crashes an hour (!), I haven't lost any data and being able to jump around the code and use the toolbar have been a great help.  I might try running CB under gdb and doing some development and catching what's causing all these crashes.  Still waiting patiently the the typedef struct {} name; support :).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 11:47:32 pm by Game_Ender »