Author Topic: User Error Problem found converting makefile to CB project  (Read 3925 times)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
User Error Problem found converting makefile to CB project
« on: September 14, 2006, 02:13:24 am »
I was converting an GCC makefile project into a Code::Blocks type project and was always getting errors that implied that thier was a problem with the headers supplied with my GCC (minGW) implementation. Yet, I know it worked when I used just GCC (minGW) with the makefile.

I found out that the problem was that cb was setup by me or by default to include the headers from the GCC (minGW) implementation before including the project include. (Edit: It includes them after the project includes, but it stilled caused an issue on this code compiled.)

Once, I removed the "Directories" from "Compiler", "Linker" and "Resouce Compiler" under "Setting" -> "Compiler and Debugger" the compile error goes away. I hope this helps some one else out. I spent 4 days trying to see the error in my setup or the header files in mingw gcc, then saw the simple setup mistake.

Note: I think I found a bug in that each time I start up cb I must delete the "Directories" from "Compiler", "Linker" and "Resouce Compiler" under "Setting" -> "Compiler and Debugger". But, I will hold off reporting it till I re-boot my WinXP box in case it's a window error. And download a nightly build to verify its not my compile issue.

Edit: I would consider this a WAD issue, works as designed and not a bug, I was thinking that before that is why I titled this a user error. But, I am thinking it might be a common begginner error.

Tim S
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:12:16 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
Re: User Error Problem found converting makefile to CB project
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 05:38:40 am »
You are aware of the full command line output option, right?  That will show you exactly what is being sent to the compilier so you could see that the wrong headers are being passed.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: User Error Problem found converting makefile to CB project
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 05:56:15 am »
I was aware of that, just missed seeing it in the command line. The command is very very long. 3784 bytes long.

Just verified it shows up as the last include directory which should not have caused any problem to my thinking but it does with the c program I am compiling it is the mame emulator, I wish to try to compile the mess emulator which is a superset of the mame emulator.

Tim S
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:14:03 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org