Author Topic: problem creating the dll  (Read 2467 times)

Offline bean

  • Single posting newcomer
  • *
  • Posts: 6
problem creating the dll
« on: September 09, 2006, 09:49:21 am »
hey guys, im using C::B with mingw 3.4.5. i created a dll project wrote my code. and its compilling without a problem. it creates the .a and .def files. but however it does not create the .dll file. in that project im usin Direct3D libs. so i link d3d9.lib and d3dx9.lib. I realized in the build log it says cannot find d3dx9_30_not_thunk... that sort of message.

on the other hand i have other projects that use the newton physics engine, and it said same thing about newton. it creates the .a and .def but refuses to create the .dll file itself.

i also realized that with mingw comes some libs like libd3d9.a and libd3dx9.a. I tried linking to those instead of the DirectX's libraries and they work!  :?  on other dll projects im using the DirectX libraries and its linking properly and its creating the dll along with .def and .a also using C::B and MingW.

I think im getting something wrong, since it doesnt want to create the .dll in certain dll projects.

thx for ur help.

Offline bean

  • Single posting newcomer
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Re: problem creating the dll
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 11:34:33 pm »
here is what im getting exactly:

Linking dynamic library: .\NGameRenderD3D.dll
Cannot export d3d9_NULL_THUNK_DATA: symbol not found
Cannot export d3dx9_30_NULL_THUNK_DATA: symbol not found
Creating library file: .\libNGameRenderD3D.a
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

not that i used reimp to generate an alternative from d3dx9.lib and it didnt work. and i tried the one with mingw libv folder and that didnt work either, keep getting same messages.

Offline bean

  • Single posting newcomer
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Re: problem creating the dll
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 12:55:28 am »
i solved the problem. it was a bug in the .cbp file. it had links to the directx libs! i removed the tags and it worked just gr8!

thought of mentioning if anybody came accross such a problem!