Author Topic: Error in opening a project  (Read 5008 times)

Offline Hardi

• Multiple posting newcomer
Error in opening a project
« on: September 09, 2006, 03:18:17 pm »
Hi.

I get an error when I use the 07 September 2006 nightly build (the same error occurs when I use the latest build).

I have 1.0rc2 also installed on my computer (they are in separate directories).

The error says: "The error occurred at memory address x" (where x is the memory address of the error or something. and it gives you some options: Abort, Ignore, Retry - so it's basically a default error handler).

My project is uploaded here: http://haxxx.hyena.pri.ee/Dialogue.rar

The problem occurred after moving the codeblock nightly build from desktop to program files. When it was on desktop, I used it for a couple of times. The same error also occurrs when I browse the folders in the "Open Project" window - it seems as if some registry settings or configurations don't want me to move the CB nightly around my computer randomly. Moving the nightly back to desktop didn't help.

Any ideas? If you don't have a better solution, then please tell me how to completely get rid of all configuration settings of CB so I could get the nightlies working again. Thanks :)

sethjackson

Re: Error in opening a project
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 03:22:39 pm »
Ok first uninstall RC2. Then go to Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\codeblocks
move the default.conf somewhere safe. :) Then open your nightly and try it again.

Offline Hardi

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 03:45:26 pm »
I removed rc2 and all nightly builds and ALL the configuration data in Apllication Data\Codeblocks and installed the latest nightly and I opened the project and it still gave me the same error! Any more ideas?

sethjackson

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 03:46:06 pm »
I removed rc2 and all nightly builds and ALL the configuration data in Apllication Data\Codeblocks and installed the latest nightly and I opened the project and it still gave me the same error! Any more ideas?

Yup. Which version of the wx DLL are you using???

Offline Hardi

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 03:52:44 pm »

Yup. Which version of the wx DLL are you using???

The one that was in the september8 nightly :)

Offline Hardi

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 04:00:47 pm »
2006 september 8 ofcourse ;)

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 04:15:53 pm »

you have some non-ASCII characters in your diag.cpp file
i changed the fileformat to UTF-8

now i can open and build your project

you can test, if it works for you too now

attached your (slightly modified) project

HTH, tiwag

[attachment deleted by admin]