Author Topic: Bug in virtual folder managment  (Read 5063 times)

Max

Bug in virtual folder managment
« on: August 24, 2006, 01:54:02 pm »
I am starting to use the new virtual folder functionality. I am reporting a bug that is related to several
confusing behaviour of the project tree.

Basically you can create (or delete) a new folder but, then, you are not pushed to save the project.
Adding, or deleting,  a virtual folder the "save project" remains grey and you can close the project without save
the modification. Obviously you loose your changes.

Before opening a bug report I would like to get some confirmation (just to avoid useless bug reports)
Hope this helps

Max

Max

Re: Bug in virtual folder managment
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 01:54:55 pm »
oopss... latest nightly 2891 and Windows XP SP2

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 01:57:55 pm »
what you are saying is correct, I already informed the Don yesterday ;-)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 02:55:06 pm »
Let's get something straight: virtual folders are properties of the files, not the project itself.
There is no point saving a virtual folder if it is empty. Obviously, if you create a virtual folder, the next thing you will normally do is drag all relevant files inside it. Once you do this, the project will be marked as dirty.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Max

Re: Bug in virtual folder managment (Part1)
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 05:01:51 pm »
Uhm.. The project tree structure seems a project property (at least to me). Anyway I accept your point of view.

Now, after some tests, I got another strange behaviour.

A) I open one of my projects (see State1.png attached).
B) I create a new virtual folder called Test and i moved a file (adler32.h) in it See State2.png
C) Now the project is "dirty". I save it. I close it.
D) I reopen the project. Now I got what you can observe in State3.png.
Now there are two "Test" virtual folder.
Please note that I am using the "categorize by file type" AND " "Display folder as on disk"
E) If I delete the "test" virtual folder outside the "include" folder both (!) "test" virtsul folders disappear and the
project is not marked as dirty (the save project option id grey). I have to Save as the project to save changes.

Now another example. I deselect the "Display folder as on disk", so only "categorize by file type".
I started the same example from scratch.

After A I got State4.png
After B I got State5.png
After C and D I got State6.png

Now "Test" is empty and the file adler32.h is inside "include" with two \  before the name, i.e. \\Test\adler32.h

The overall behaviour seems not intuitive (at least to me) so I think there is a bug.

OK. Now I have the same problem with the attachment dimension. Using .png I got 140 K. So (mandrav please forgive me)
I am dividing the post in two. I am getting a internet area, so it should not happen again...

Hope this help

Max

[attachment deleted by admin]

Max

Bug in virtual folder managment (Part2)
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 05:03:04 pm »
Other pics

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 05:13:58 pm »
OK. Now I have the same problem with the attachment dimension. Using .png I got 140 K. So (mandrav please forgive me)
I am dividing the post in two. I am getting a internet area, so it should not happen again...

Have you heard of ImageShack?
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 05:50:43 pm »
if you create an empty virtual folder, and then save the project, the vfolder is not shown as long as you have files shown categorized by file types. (same on project reload)