Author Topic: The 23 august 2006 build is out.  (Read 16004 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 23 august 2006 build is out.
« on: August 23, 2006, 08:28:34 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

The 23 August 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060823_rev2891_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060823_rev2891_Ubuntu6.06.deb
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060823_rev2891_fc4+5.rpm

Resolved Fixed:

• Fix (?) for recent strange behavior of symbols browser
  • Added virtual folders support for projects
  • Disabled viewing inherited members in symbols browser. Causes a stack overflow in some big projects (need to investigate further)
  • Fixed a memory leak in symbols browser
  • Patch 1387 : OpenedFilesTree did not get updated properly

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 10:38:15 pm by killerbot »

sethjackson

Re: The 23 august 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 09:11:21 pm »
Windows ANSI build is here.

Offline MoonKid

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 07:27:25 am »
The fix works just fine. Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the virtual foloder suport. I need it so much.
But something is not right with it.

If I let the tree "display as on disk" the folders are shown correctly with all the files in it. (btw: the virtual folders are not on disc, of course!).
If I disable "display as on disk" the virtual folders are empty and the in-folder-files are in the root of the project-tree displayed with workspacepath+name (for example VirtualFolder\\File.cpp).

Offline Outis

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 10:41:08 am »
Code::Blocks is really great work!  :D
There is just a litte thing I don't like at code-completion: Coding a new header file, I always get the note "no matches", which is, of course, totaly useless in this case. I know that I'm writing new code, code-completion doesn't. Thus could you add a check box to disable the "no matches" - notification, please?
And code-completion doesn't work if there's a this pointer in front of a variable (this->foobar).

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 10:56:13 am »
And code-completion doesn't work if there's a this pointer in front of a variable (this->foobar).
A bit of topic, but anyway: I never understood why it makes sense to add the this pointer in front. The only reason I see is if one has a local variable with the same name. But this would IMHO be a bad design. Maybe someone can enlighten me?!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Tulio

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 10:59:53 am »
Thus could you add a check box to disable the "no matches" - notification, please?

exactly - "no matches" is nervy.

Offline phlox81

• phlox81.de
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 11:29:18 am »
Maybe it would be helpful if you could define some more options for the codecompletion,
since every User has its own feeling of how-it-shouldbe.
For myself, I hate when it replaces the typed with the selection, when entering . or -> or ;
I'd like to have replacements only, when hitting enter.
Also annoying is, when you have a vector or an array, you type by open box [] and you get 89.
But thats all my personal flavor, someone else might think totally different, so
to be able to set options for this would be really cool.

phlox

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 11:41:30 am »
A bit of topic, but anyway: I never understood why it makes sense to add the this pointer in front. The only reason I see is if one has a local variable with the same name. But this would IMHO be a bad design. Maybe someone can enlighten me?!

It is totally bad design. One just does not do that.
A common used approach to avoid collision with an 'equal' named local is :
 m_MyMember
 _MyMember
 MyMember_

Phoenix

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 12:09:32 pm »
And back to important things. Class browser is working even worst then in nightly from 22/08. Right now each time you select "reparse" it just closes down C::B with no crash raport.

Offline jpaterso

Problem with virtual folders
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 12:38:38 pm »
When I create a virtual folder directly under my project, (so I end up with 3 folders, 'virtual', 'sources' and 'headers'), and only put headers in it, then when I restart C::B it puts that folder under the 'headers' folder. Would it be possible to keep our folders where we left them?

mdelfede

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 01:42:18 pm »

In template code I found that 'this' is required, if not gcc gives an error. Don't know why.

Bad one :
Code
template<class BClass, class ImplClass> class DerClass : public BClass
{
  public:

DerClass() : BClass() { impl = new ImplClass();}                       <--- ERROR, 'impl' NOT FOUND
    ImplClass *getImpl() { return dynamic_cast<ImplClass *>(this->impl);}

};

Good one :
Code
template<class BClass, class ImplClass> class DerClass : public BClass
{
  public:

DerClass() : BClass() { this->impl = new ImplClass();}
    ImplClass *getImpl() { return dynamic_cast<ImplClass *>(this->impl);}

};

And somebody uses it in constructors too...
Code
X:X(int a, b, c)
{
  this->a = a;
  this->b = b;
I find that one awful, but...

Ciao

Max

marfig

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 02:08:05 pm »
OT: The compiler doesn't look for base classes unqualified identifiers that are depending on a template parameter. So this-> becomes a necessity under those situations. The problem is that if you don't, then errors could only be caught after the template was instantiated. By using this-> you can give the compiler the opportunity to catch errors much sooner, during the parsing phase.

There is also of course always the problem of code readability. With the right conditions in complexity, it is quiet possible the use of this-> will make the code more readable even without templates.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 02:59:29 pm »

Meyers has an example in the first book of the set showing a necessary use of "this" in multiple inheritance.

Offline MoonKid

• Almost regular
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 07:17:56 pm »
Another thing about the virtual folders.
It is not possible to drag&drop virtual folders. For example I want to drag an existing folder as a sub-folder to another one.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 12:32:12 pm »
It is not possible to drag&drop virtual folders. For example I want to drag an existing folder as a sub-folder to another one.

Not implemented yet.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 02:34:01 pm »

Not implemented yet.

Implemented now :).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline nix_BB

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 06:19:57 pm »
that was quick!