Author Topic: The 16 august 2006 build is out.  (Read 34455 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 16 august 2006 build is out.
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2006, 11:04:07 am »
A little bug: it seems that selecting the build target in the combobox or even in the menu, always the upper item is selected, not the one I've really selected...
Example:

if I have in this order:

- Build Target #1
- Build Target #2
- Build Target #3

if I select "Build Target #2", the "Build Target #1" is executed, and if I select "Build Target #3", the "Build Target #2" is executed.

It must be a very little mistake in some index, in one of the latest revisions.

Bye,

Marco Stella

fixed in svn by the Don (and tonight in your nightly) ;-)

Kreso

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2006, 01:04:17 pm »
Same here libwxgtk2.6-dev = 2.6.1  I think the additional .2 is a debian version number.

I've tried to download and compile 2.6.3. The compiling part goes fine and I have followed everything step in the Code::Blocks wiki, but I can never get this part to work.

If you are able to get it to work, I sure would like to be clued in as to how. Edgy will have 2.6.3 available. I tried to install the .deb for it, but it screams for a bunch of other dependencies. Btw, I was able to build the .deb under edgy. Edgy will also be using gcc 4.1.

@cstudent: I followed the instructions and have succedeed to compile wx2.6.3 and c::b with it. do you still need help with that?

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2006, 03:17:33 pm »
@Kreso: I've been doing some experimentation. I'll let you know. What I'm being so particular about is I'm the one building the Ubuntu .deb for Code::Blocks. I've got a lot of people depending on that file based on the download stats. I don't want to do something on my machine that would screw up the .deb for everybody. I've got a test machine set up that I'm using to experiment with. I think I've been able to sort out the answers to a lot of my own questions.

magnus

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2006, 05:39:12 pm »
Hi all,

First: Thanks alot for this great software!

A beginners question:
In latest version of CB (aug 16) code completion does not work for me anymore.
I can browse classes by typing namespace::class::subclass etc. but typing the beginning of any locally defined variable vill not result in a suggestion from the code completion. Also . and -> does not result in any suggestion either anymore.

Are there new requirements on the code (has code completion become more sensitive) with this release or am I just missing something?

I am running XP sp2 and the aug 16 nightly build with mingwm.
(i have not yet tried versions between jul 17 and aug 15)

Regards
Magnus

Encryptor

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2006, 08:44:24 pm »
Is it possible to get a link to an Ubuntu AMD64 nightly build (either from the 16th or 17th already)?
or, if you could point out the sources to me, I can build them myself. As I understand they are on the CVS somewhere, but I am having problems understanding how to connect to a CVS server.
Thanks in advance!

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2006, 09:25:28 pm »
Very much afraid to say I am unable to build Code::Blocks on Ubuntu since a week or two (getting a different error every time, presently it is some GTK definition missing in the debugger plugin).
So... no recent AMD64 build, sorry.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2006, 09:50:56 pm »
if you could point out the sources to me, I can build them myself. As I understand they are on the CVS somewhere, but I am having problems understanding how to connect to a CVS server.

http://www.codeblocks.org/source_code.shtml
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2006, 09:54:37 pm »
Are there new requirements on the code (has code completion become more sensitive) with this release or am I just missing something?

I guess you could say it became more "sensitive". In the true sense, it became more correct. With the old code, it would match a token even if it wasn't in the current scope so it might have somehow worked but not really ;).
The new code, is much more accurate.

Having said that, local scope is next on my todo list. Actually, I already commited today a very important part of it so tonight's nightly should be working much better for local scope.

And more to come in the next few days ;)
Be patient!

Offline phlox81

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • phlox81.de
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2006, 09:04:34 am »

I guess you could say it became more "sensitive". In the true sense, it became more correct. With the old code, it would match a token even if it wasn't in the current scope so it might have somehow worked but not really ;).
The new code, is much more accurate.

Having said that, local scope is next on my todo list. Actually, I already commited today a very important part of it so tonight's nightly should be working much better for local scope.

And more to come in the next few days ;)

I must say great work. I downloaded the nighlty from 17.8, and Codecompletion is working on a global scope.
But maybe, it should be more intelligent, I parsed now every thing, and it knows now a lot of stuff, most
of what it shows it totally useless. Especially with local variables it gets annonying, that when typing
str it gets "completed" to strcasecmp, maybe you could fix that it autoselects the first value by default.
But if you're working on the local scope, than it might already fixes this...

phlox

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2006, 09:16:54 am »
[...] that when typing str it gets "completed" to strcasecmp, [...]
Are you aware that you can setup when CC actually pops up (Settings->Editor->CC)? I've set this option to 5 letters thus it doesn't pop up too often (for 1-4 letters words it usually makes no sense at all). I still can trigger it manually, of course using the hotkey. Maybe this will help you, too.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline phlox81

• phlox81.de
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2006, 10:00:22 am »
[...] that when typing str it gets "completed" to strcasecmp, [...]
Are you aware that you can setup when CC actually pops up (Settings->Editor->CC)? I've set this option to 5 letters thus it doesn't pop up too often (for 1-4 letters words it usually makes no sense at all). I still can trigger it manually, of course using the hotkey. Maybe this will help you, too.

Well, thats a workaround, but no solution ;)
I've set that to 3 letters, because the old one was mostly guessing right, or
not finding anything. With 5 letter I would not have the problem so often,
but as I said, for me, a workaround is not a solution.
Once the local scope gets recognized, the problem might solve itself. (hopefully)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2006, 10:36:11 am »
But maybe, it should be more intelligent, I parsed now every thing, and it knows now a lot of stuff, most
of what it shows it totally useless.

"Great work" and "totally useless" don't go together in the same paragraph. Please decide :lol: .

Especially with local variables it gets annonying, that when typing
str it gets "completed" to strcasecmp, maybe you could fix that it autoselects the first value by default.
But if you're working on the local scope, than it might already fixes this...

If "str" is not recognized (i.e. local scope not parsed correctly), don't expect it to appear in the list.
Just a few minutes ago, I commited a couple of fixes for local scope:

- Fixed current function arguments parsing in code-completion. Didn't work all the time.
- Remove all temporary code-completion tokens (like local variables) before starting a new search.

All that's left now is improve the actual local block parsing and then I can move to more interesting and important stuff ;).
Before you ask, these are:

• Recognize the "using namespace" construct.
  • Parse typedefs.

Quite big tasks, both, but interesting :).
Be patient!

Offline phlox81

• phlox81.de
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2006, 11:31:42 am »
of what it shows it totally useless.

"Great work" and "totally useless" don't go together in the same paragraph. Please decide :lol: .

Sometimes your great Work shows partly useless information. ;)
For example, I'm using boost::spirit in my project, when typing anything, I get to see
the internals of boost::spirit. Or when typing str I get to see things, where I don't
even know from where they are, and what the could be (STL? wxWidgets? boost?).
On the other hand, seeing this information is also an improvement. Maybe the could
be a switch, for showing only global types, and only parse the locally used types
for more information.
But as you said, local vars aren't parsed for now, so it can't show any of them, so I will wait ;)
But when typing a membervar, I get to see the correct information, which is great :)

As a programmer I know, how much effort and work such a thing is, so I am impressed
by the good job you did there. I work on a tool for codegeneration, and not have done
so much parsing, but some for functions with boost::spirit, but I still gotta improve that :)

phlox