Author Topic: INCOMPATIBILITIES between wx2.4 and wx2.6  (Read 22761 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
INCOMPATIBILITIES between wx2.4 and wx2.6
« on: May 27, 2005, 05:49:05 pm »
OK, the thread's open. Rants welcome :)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 06:16:38 pm »
First issue to tackle: The black background in wxnotebook icons under wx2.6. I recall reading something about styles in the wxWidgets manual (or did it get fixed already? )

Offline frog-o

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 06:30:39 pm »
so you won't get to disurage rickg22.

I here read.  But sorry can't help! Work on gentoo know just came to lok on the wiki for the artical

Offline frog-o

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 06:31:01 pm »
so you won't get to disurage rickg22.

I here read.  But sorry can't help! Work on gentoo know just came to lok on the wiki for the artical

Offline frog-o

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 02:59:10 pm »
hay rickg22 could you please add these 2 files to code::blocks 2.6.0 cbp in cvs

startherepage.cpp

it missing

delete tinyxml.cpp stuff from it.

change in editormaneger.h

void EditorManager::OnPageChanging(wxComandEvent & event)
void EditorManager::OnPageChanged(wxCommandEvent& event)

to void EditorManager::OnPageChanging(wxNotebookEvent& event)
void EditorManager::OnPageChanged(wxNotebookEvent& event)

and do the nessary change in editormaneger.cpp

Offline frog-o

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 02:59:51 pm »
sorry i ment 1 file not 2

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 04:06:10 pm »
*starts to wonder if this thread was a good idea* :?

OK first, why do i need to delete the tinyxml stuff? Do I replace it with what?
Second, is that change in EditorManager necessary for all versions or just for 2.6? Will it break with 2.4?

Offline frog-o

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 02:45:23 pm »
Some one changed  tiny xml to use dll and the cpp file no long in use and cuases it to not to compile.

the change for editormaneger.cpp is also nessary for it to compile.   For some reason that i don't understand it did not like wxCommandEvent in wxwidget 2.6.0 so i changed it to wxNotebookEvent wich is the type of even it is.  I tryed compile codeblock with wxwidget 2.4 and it still work in window but have no way of telling if it break anything in linux but this minor change there no reson it sould.

Offline frog-o

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 02:49:53 pm »
These are just stander changes need to compile the latest cvs  for codeblock(wx2.6.0).  How are you getting it to compile with out it in order to try to solve the problem with the icon?

Offline frog-o

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 03:02:23 pm »
Just a little note I spent all yesterday working on trying to get samba runing in colinux so i can tranfer my wxwidget source code to it.  I just know relised that The window version has problem two so i be post more here shortly and looking into thing.

Offline frog-o

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2005, 03:15:05 pm »
there probbly a better way then deleteing the .cpp files looking at the main soucres of 2.4 He did not do this.  I have to use winmege and figure out what mandrave is doing here.  I just know that this work at it made seence to me at the time but why he did not do it in the 2.4 i don't know I look into it.  If you reading this madrave would you mind inlighten me?

DreadNot

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 09:14:29 am »
I've compiled with wx2.6.1.

Problem 1: In the Workspace area I see no workspace/project tree displayed.  Its there!  I just can't see it!  It is invisible!!!  I can right-click on items in the tree in their approximate location and a get the popup menus!  What a cruel trick to play on me!  Who set the color codes for this? :D The Symbol tree appears OK.  No Watches tree since I'm not debugging.  I'm also compiling wxSmith.  The Resources tree seems OK so far for what it is.

NOTE: I'll get memory exceptions out of nowhere if I let the application sit long enough after opening a project.  Maybe the thread to display the workspace/project tree is failing somehow!?

Problem 2: I'm assuming that with the notebook version, the Min/Restore/Close triplet buttons for the file are missing.  In the old system, I could "sometimes" get them after screwing around with the display (minimizing, then maximizing, etc).  Should the notebook have
  • buttons on the file tabs? I can right click in the file area to close.
Problem 3: When I try to minimize the application from a maximized window, the application gives a memory exception and crashes.  When I minimize from a non-maximized (restored) window, there is no fault.

Other: I still get the Run... problem (must debug before I can run--run without doing one initial debug causes a memory exception).

So far, these are the only problems I've encountered.  Is there anything else specifically I should be looking for?

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 10:47:11 am »
A minor problem, perhaps it is a problem at my site.
I don't get the application icon.
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

DreadNot

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 12:43:30 pm »
I forgot to mention I'm getting the following on the C::B compile under wx2.6.1:

sdk\editormanager.cpp: In constructor `EditorManager::EditorManager(wxWindow*)':
sdk\editormanager.cpp:124: warning: `__comp_ctor' is deprecated (declared at ../../wxWidgets/wxWidgets-2.6.1/include/wx/sizer.h:788)
sdk\editormanager.cpp: In member function `void EditorManager::ActivateNext()':
sdk\editormanager.cpp:443: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
sdk\editormanager.cpp: In member function `int EditorManager::FindPageFromEditor(EditorBase*)':
sdk\editormanager.cpp:644: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

I don't know if this affects the problems above.
(Copied from Development->"try compil CodeBlocks-wx2.6.0.cbp")

DreadNot

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 12:39:13 am »
Well, I've been trying to track Problem 1 above.  My endevor is showing that it is not with the wxSplitterWindow--this seems to work OK.  The problem seems to be with the ProjectManager's wxTreeCtrl.  But what is strange is that it works OK with the EditorManager's wxTreeCtrl.  I've "turned each off" leaving only one on (unsplit) and also swapped which split they are in.  Each time, the EditorManager's wxTreeCtrl functions properly while the ProjectManager's wxTreeCtrl doesn't (invisible).  I know that the ProjectManager's wxTreeCtrl is set to "Show"--it just doesn't.  Even when I don't set the EditorManager's wxTreeCtrl in a split window it shows in the wxSplitterWindow ( as it is still a child to the parent using Show() ).

It must have something to do with how the ProjectManager's wxTreeCtrl is constructed or having items added to it that somehow differs from the EditorManager's wxTreeCtrl.

Could it be that the EditorManager is adding a "sizer" to the notebook?
Code
Line 124: new wxNotebookSizer(m_pNotebook);

Should this be done in the Manager class instead? (and obviously not using the depreciated method in wx2.6.1)

Any ideas?