Author Topic: The 04 august 2006 build is out.  (Read 25291 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 04 august 2006 build is out.
« on: August 04, 2006, 07:57:52 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

The 04 August 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060804_rev2813_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060804_rev2813_Ubuntu6.06.deb (not yet)
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060804_rev2813_fc4+5.rpm

Resolved Fixed:

• "[ Bug #8026 ] Cancel button commits the action" fixed which also resulted in following fixes :
     + all comboboxes -> choice controls
     + reduced state
     + current compiler : be more consistent : use the member instead of each time retrieving from control
     + project/target : be more consistent : use the members instead of the tree control
     + all settings can be cancelled out (except advanced settings and compiler add/delete and autodetect)
     + so no direct applies of several settings
     + 3 points of save/apply (selection change/compiler change/apply)user will be queried if save is needed in the first 2 cases
     + some methods did not need to be member methods
     + DoFillTree now does what it says and no other hidden loading of options
     + AutoDetectCompiler : also backup extra paths
     + OnEditVarClick : allow that the value remains the same but the key get's renamed
     + when project changed compiler : not in all cases the user was queried if the targets should change accordingly their compiler and informed that it's best to rebuild the project
     + when target changed compiler : also inform the user it's best to rebuild the target (similar to project)
  • fix for [ Bug #8292 ] Host application field doesn't have browse button

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 11:28:25 pm by killerbot »

sethjackson

Re: The 04 august 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 08:22:46 pm »
EDIT:

Link removed.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 08:27:00 pm by sethjackson »

Offline keenblade

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • tao
    • keenblade
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 02:24:27 am »
I come here everyday and read lots of posts (that killerbot, mandrav, Yannis, Pecan, sethjackson and others have written). It is strange that I am a stranger to all of you, but I feel as if we were all old friends. Thanks to all of you very much.
   I compile Code::Blocks form svn. Since I installed "binutils-2.17.50-20060716-1", I have an error while Code::Blocks starts.
   It is complaining that the astyle.dll can not be loaded. (astyle.dll is exist in compilation.)
    By the way "binutils-2.16.91-20060119-1" works just fine.

-OS WinXP,
-wxWidgets 2.6.3pl2, unicode, monolitic, shared library,
-gcc 3.4.5
-Code::Blocks Version 1.0 revision 2814
Anyway it\'s all the same at the end...

sethjackson

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 02:53:40 am »
I come here everyday and read lots of posts (that killerbot, mandrav, Yannis, Pecan, sethjackson and others have written). It is strange that I am a stranger to all of you, but I feel as if we were all old friends. Thanks to all of you very much.
   I compile Code::Blocks form svn. Since I installed "binutils-2.17.50-20060716-1", I have an error while Code::Blocks starts.
   It is complaining that the astyle.dll can not be loaded. (astyle.dll is exist in compilation.)
    By the way "binutils-2.16.91-20060119-1" works just fine.

-OS WinXP,
-wxWidgets 2.6.3pl2, unicode, monolitic, shared library,
-gcc 3.4.5
-Code::Blocks Version 1.0 revision 2814

I believe there is a problem with that binutils version......

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3593.0

Offline Acki

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 03:58:21 am »
Hi, since a few days I get an message when starting C::B !!!
this plugins can't be loaded:
pluginwizard.dll
projectwizard.dll

Do I miss something !?!?!

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 06:26:59 am »
Just locate those files and remove them. Those plugins aren't used anymore.

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 06:38:03 am »
Are the windows builds stable again? I have been reading little things that they have been giving people problems, and I have avoided upgrading because of those messages. I'm still running a build from the end of may. :oops:
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline keenblade

• tao
    • keenblade
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 08:05:18 am »
Are the windows builds stable again? I have been reading little things that they have been giving people problems, and I have avoided upgrading because of those messages. I'm still running a build from the end of may. :oops:

For me windows builds are rock stable. Like sethjackson, I believe it is a problem with the binutils version, not Code::Blocks itself. The problem is with "Candidate: Binutils 2.17.50". It is just a candidate as you see it at the web site of MinGW. I highly recommend the new Code::Blocks builds.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 08:19:15 am by keenblade »
Anyway it\'s all the same at the end...

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 09:13:17 am »

yes they are stable again, we had some problems 2 weeks ago with the latest version of the keybinder plug-in, but we reverted back to the old version of keybinder.

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 09:15:07 pm »
What .dlls do I have to change? I saw a message a long time ago, about new mingw dlls, and something about deleting some existing .dll files?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 09:36:13 pm by Vampyre_Dark »

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 09:50:25 pm »
Where'd those yellow things come from? I find them very annoying. While I was reading the first, a second one that had the words compiler and extended popped up and disapeared forever before I could read it. I guess I'll delete those 2 plugins that failed?

It tells me to check the log, but the log things is empty.  :x

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 11:16:45 pm »
the old projectwizard.dll and pluginwizard.dll are no longer needed, and can be removed.

Offline kidmosey

• MUSITU International
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 05:45:55 am »
Where'd those yellow things come from? I find them very annoying.

I find them annoying, too, but I prefer them to dialogs popping up.  I suppose they are necessary because anything output to the message pane is too easily ignored, so someone might have trouble diagnosing why something is broken without the bubbles jumping out and biting them.
3 years until google knows more than god.

arwen

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 10:57:06 am »
I new to wx and I have installed the 03/08 version but when I use the wxSmith GUI editor
Code::Blocks crash.
I'm using a Fedora core 5.
There is an RPM of the stable release ?
How can find instruction for the wxSmith ?

Thanks to all

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 01:28:16 pm »
Where'd those yellow things come from? I find them very annoying.
They only appear in few places, and they are a lot less intrusive than the message boxes that would be displayed in the first place.

While I was reading the first, a second one that had the words compiler and extended popped up and disapeared forever before I could read it.
The delay for those two notifications is quite long, so unless you are an extremely slow reader, it probably disappeared because you clicked onto it.
Notifications will stay open indefinitely if you move the mouse over them, and will close immediately if you click on them.

I guess I'll delete those 2 plugins that failed?
Those plugins that failed can safely (and should be) deleted. They not part of Code::Blocks any more, and if you still have them, then they're from an old version.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."