Author Topic: Workspace suggestion  (Read 3711 times)

sethjackson

Workspace suggestion
« on: August 02, 2006, 12:15:14 am »
If you open a workspace it gets added to the rececnt project list.
In my opinion it would be nice to see a recent workspace menu, which would contain the most recent workspaces. :)

BTW the same goes for the "Start here" page. ;)

sethjackson

Re: Workspace suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 09:35:32 pm »
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Good or bad idea?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 10:01:42 pm »
Did you notice that the list of projects does actually include C::B projects and C::B workspaces?
I think the label "project" has not the meaning of a "C::B project" but a "development project" in general. If you think in these terms it makes sense to present C::B projects and C::B workspaces together, because a "development project" can be a variant of 1..N "C::B projects"... ;-)
Finally you would loose the space for a "development project" for the additional workspace label and make the File menu even bigger than it is already. Please note that these are only my thoughts.
With regards, Morten.

Edit: On second thoughts: How about renaming "Recent projects" to "Recent workspaces and projects" for better clarification?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

sethjackson

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:02:35 pm »
Did you notice that the list of projects does actually include C::B projects and C::B workspaces?
I think the label "project" has not the meaning of a "C::B project" but a "development project" in general. If you think in these terms it makes sense to present C::B projects and C::B workspaces together, because a "development project" can be a variant of 1..N "C::B projects"... ;-)
Finally you would loose the space for a "development project" for the additional workspace label and make the File menu even bigger than it is already. Please note that these are only my thoughts.
With regards, Morten.

Ok that makes sense. :)