Author Topic: other similar alternatives  (Read 3793 times)

mrpringle

other similar alternatives
« on: August 02, 2006, 03:47:51 pm »
Hi,
Codeblocks seems like quite a nice project, but the code-completetion feature seems a little perculiar and not entirely helpful.
I have 2 questions, firstly when is another official release version coming out?
secondly are there any other similar programs which enable easy integration with wxwidgets?

Thanks

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: other similar alternatives
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 04:12:19 pm »
The first thing to have in mind is the code-completion plugin is considered WIP. It has many faults but it's helpful for some of us :)

If you check in Announcements everything related to RC3 you'll find there's not a date for it, but the Nightly Builds will do in the meanwhile.

Easy integration with wxWidgets... maybe wxDev-Cpp, but I would stick to Code::Blocks :)

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
    • http://ajonsson.kapsi.fi/
Re: other similar alternatives
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 05:25:27 pm »
Yep, maybe I should update the situation of Code Completion Plugin. I'll start by saying that progress is really really slow. I haven't written a single line of code yet. This is mainly because the situation of the Wiki (the lack of information, some of the information is outdated).

In my book the Wiki is more important, especially now. The RC3 release coming closer and when it's released, it will atract a lot of new people to this project and then the documentation is very important. So when the Wiki is in that state that it can give new users good, up-to-date information I'll continue with the Code Completion plugin.

And, again, I'll remind everyone that this is open-source software. Anyone can start creating their code completion plugin today. Or if you don't want to create a new one, you can always submit patches to the old one.