Author Topic: The 01 august 2006 build is out.  (Read 15065 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 01 august 2006 build is out.
« on: August 01, 2006, 07:14:13 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

The 01 August 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060801_rev2798_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060801_rev2798_Ubuntu6.06.deb
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060801_rev2798_fc4+5.rpm

Resolved Fixed:

• little include fix (broken in a previous commit)
  • Added ConfigManager::GetFolder() and changed signature and semantics of ConfigManager::LocateDataFile(). It now takes a flags value of known dirs (as a bitmask of SearchDirs enumerators) to specify where to look in. Files located in the user's configuration folder (under $HOME) have precedence over globally installed files
  • Exported the above functions to scripts as global functions
  • Updated critical parts of the code to use the new way to locate their data files. E.g. PluginManager now looks for plugins in the user's config dir too. The same goes for lexers loading as well as for scripts
  • When editing a wizard script, it is saved in the user's config dir now (where the user does have write access for sure). From that point on, the specific wizard is marked in red in the "new from template" dialog to signify the fact that it has been customized (overriding the globally installed script)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 08:58:44 am by killerbot »

sethjackson

Re: The 01 august 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 07:51:14 pm »
EDIT:

Link removed.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 08:27:48 pm by sethjackson »

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 09:02:56 pm »
I'm getting this error when Code::Blocks is starting:

Can not enumerate files in directory '/home/ubuntufs//.codeblocks/share/codeblocks/lexers/' (error 2: No such file or directory)

I thought it was me and I had a booboo in my bash script I wrote to create the .debs, but then I saw you updated some things dealing with lexers, so now I'm thinking that maybe it's not me.

cstudent

sethjackson

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 09:06:34 pm »
Hmm it works fine here. Although I run C::B on Windows built from SVN trunk.....

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 09:16:24 pm »
people do NOT use this build anymore.

I have no idea what happened but after I builded no contrib plug-ins loaded.
When I opened my cb workspace again, and choose build, those contrib plug-ins are building again ... ???

I will reupload the file.

sethjackson

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 09:18:41 pm »
people do NOT use this build anymore.

I have no idea what happened but after I builded no contrib plug-ins loaded.
When I opened my cb workspace again, and choose build, those contrib plug-ins are building again ... ???

I will reupload the file.

Hmm. Let me check my ANSI  build too.....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 09:41:07 pm by sethjackson »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 09:25:41 pm »
regular nightly build (windows) is re-uploaded.

sethjackson

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 09:30:08 pm »
Windows ANSI build re-uploaded too.

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 10:39:36 pm »
I've rebuilt the deb from svn 4 times now, including trying a fresh directory and complete svn download. Built it all manually, no scripts and I still get the dialog error when CodeBlocks starts up saying:

Can not enumerate files in directory '/home/ubuntufs//.codeblocks/share/codeblocks/lexers/' (error 2: No such file or directory)

I deleted the local .codeblocks directory and restarted CodeBlocks. I got similar warnings for the plugins directory. It's trying to look for a directory in my home directory that is not there. It's looking for /home/ubuntufs//.codeblocks/... instead of /home/ubuntufs/.codeblocks...

It does this for the user plugins and lexers directories.

cstudent

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 11:17:49 pm »
I've rebuilt the deb from svn 4 times now, including trying a fresh directory and complete svn download. Built it all manually, no scripts and I still get the dialog error when CodeBlocks starts up saying:

I deleted the local .codeblocks directory and restarted CodeBlocks. I got similar warnings for the plugins directory. It's trying to look for a directory in my home directory that is not there. It's looking for /home/ubuntufs//.codeblocks/... instead of /home/ubuntufs/.codeblocks...

It does this for the user plugins and lexers directories.

cstudent

I think this is due to the changes Yiannis made today.

@Yiannis : could you double check wrt this issue?

Offline rathapolk

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 06:59:32 pm »
Hello,
This is a very small issue. Once I have created a new file, the new file is added to the Opened Files tree without its relative directory. For example, I created a file 'Graphics\Image.h' but only 'Image.h' is displayed in the tree. When I close the file and open it by double-clicking at the project tree, it displays 'Graphics\Image.h' as expected.

Rathapol K

sethjackson

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 07:02:11 pm »
Hello,
This is a very small issue. Once I have created a new file, the new file is added to the Opened Files tree without its relative directory. For example, I created a file 'Graphics\Image.h' but only 'Image.h' is displayed in the tree. When I close the file and open it by double-clicking at the project tree, it displays 'Graphics\Image.h' as expected.

Rathapol K

Yea I have seen this. Could you file it as a bug report. :)