Author Topic: wxSmith development  (Read 174659 times)

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
    • http://
wxSmith development
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2005, 07:23:48 pm »
Quote from: byo

Hello, everyone. It's been a while since I've been here because of these sleepless books-full nights and terrible exams-like days. Just give me few more days and I'll be back :D.

Cyberoka: BIG THX for Youre work. Cna You send me the source ? And maybe some description of problems You have with this widget.
and don't worry - I'm CVS-beginner too (started using it after gaining access to CodeBlocks' CVS). Buty If You don't mind I would like to work now like mandrav and rigkg22 at the beginning of their cooperation - You could send me the sourcee and I put this into CVS :). Hope it will change soon - I just need to get back to this project and prepare for new Coder :). And now ... argh, back to books :?

any kind of cooperation that will be fine for me , in fact I hv learned a lot from reading the wxSmith code, still have a lot to learn :)

Let me do some final cleaning of the source code before post it up .
One thing need to mention , my Code::Blocks CVS is not the latest update because the latest update revamp the interface which affect some plugin coding.  My Code::Blocks CVS version should be somewhere on early of June.

I shall post it after going back home , and write some description on the problem that I encounter.

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
wxSmith development
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2005, 06:49:45 am »
Here are the files
http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/96491ee4_m418d23c5/bc/wxSmith-Combobox.zip?bfA3juCBjIkFen5d

Basically, it includes 2 new files , wxscombobox.h and wxscombobox.cpp , and others modified files.

One thing I have left out is the releasing memory usage of the wxArrayString that used in the wxscombobox , which I think should put in the destructor of each widgets class.
I do not change the original macro in defwidgets.h that have the blank destructor because I think this changes involve the change of the engine should decided by byo.

Feel free to modify it if you feel those code is not correct or uncomplete.

I only coded the XML load and XML save , other function like AddProperty is not coded yet.
Thanks.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2005, 05:41:51 pm »
Cyberoka: BIG THX for Youre work. Cna You send me the source ?

Quote from: Cyberoka
Here are the files (link)

:roll: Someone needs to be given access to CVS... :lol:

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
wxSmith development
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2005, 06:04:09 pm »
Finally , I manage to come in this forum   :o

Ok , I have finished the code for wxListBox , and I have made icons for wxCombobox and wxListBox , which is the new feature introduced by byo in the latest CVS.

Let me summarize my changes and enhancement
 1.  Add in wxListBox
 2.  Modified a macro in wxdefwidget.h , to add in destructors evDestroy() function. This is to release the memory used by wxArrayString.
 3.  I have made icons for wxCombox and wxListBox , I have no sense of art dunno looks ok or not  :oops:

My discovery and suggestion
 1.  The default selection for wxComboBox and wxListBox , since they are defined as Int property , there is not upper bound checking.  Could it be better if we can design in such a way that we can choose to show the property in different form such as a combo box to limit the default selection to number of choices.

Finally, how can I commit the changes to CVS using Tortoise CVS?   :oops:

I am not familiar with CVS , I just want to update to the wxSmith branch .

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
wxSmith development
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2005, 06:17:14 pm »
Finally, how can I commit the changes to CVS using Tortoise CVS?

First, add in CVS any new files you 've created (if any). To do this, select the new files, right-click and select "Add" from the tortoise menu.
Then, just right-click in the wxSmith top-folder (in a white space) and select "Commit". Fill the message log describing your changes and press OK :)

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
wxSmith development
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2005, 06:41:57 am »
I have a problem to commit the changes because Tortoise CVS is using anonymous to log on every time I tried to commit .  

I have tried a few way including recheck out the CVS using my sourceforge ID ..
 or do I need to recheck out a fresh copy first ? :(

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2005, 06:55:10 am »
cyberkoa: Yes, you need to Checkout a fresh copy with your sourceforge account.

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
wxSmith development
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2005, 08:29:19 am »
I still having problem to commit to CVS ,
And I am rushing back to my home country Malaysia tomorrow morning , therefore, I have send my source to byo and hope that he can help to commit the changes.

Since I will be at my home country the next two weeks, I can't help much in wxSmith at these moment.  

See you all then .. :)

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2005, 12:15:50 am »
Quote from: cyberkoa
I still having problem to commit to CVS ,
And I am rushing back to my home country Malaysia tomorrow morning , therefore, I have send my source to byo and hope that he can help to commit the changes.

Since I will be at my home country the next two weeks, I can't help much in wxSmith at these moment.  

See you all then .. :)

Got new sources, will put it into CVS as soon as possible  :)

BTW: First attempt to generate code on-the-fly was made :) There are still some bugs but it seems to be working :D

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2005, 07:10:20 pm »
As we can see, C::B has been branched. And because wxSmith hasn't got any release yet, I've decided to develop it under HEAD branch. It means switching to wxWidgets 2.6.1, and what follows, fighting many incompatibilities between different wxWidgts versions inside wxSmith. Hope that change to wx 2.6 is permament ;)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2005, 07:21:45 pm »
Hope that change to wx 2.6 is permament ;)

That's the point of branching :)

The VERSION_1_0 branch will only accept bug-fixes. Feel free to experiment in the main trunk (HEAD).

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2005, 01:03:39 am »
I have problem with one bug after migrating to docking panels.
New Notebook page added to Manager for wxSmith uses wxSplitterWindow, but  after startup andafter docking Manager, sash position is set to 0 or sth like that (top window and sash are hidden). I used additional wxPanel with one sizer as background window for page but it didn't work out. The only way to see both panels is to use SetSashGravity and manipulate with size of manager.

Any ideas ?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2005, 01:49:11 am »
Try memorizing the splitter position and restore it on docking (i just hope there's an event for that :P ). For startup, use a configmanager variable.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
wxSmith development
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2005, 08:54:19 am »
I have problem with one bug after migrating to docking panels.
New Notebook page added to Manager for wxSmith uses wxSplitterWindow, but  after startup andafter docking Manager, sash position is set to 0 or sth like that (top window and sash are hidden). I used additional wxPanel with one sizer as background window for page but it didn't work out. The only way to see both panels is to use SetSashGravity and manipulate with size of manager.

Any ideas ?

That was the exact erroneous behaviour I got when used wxDockit with the project manager which also uses a wxSplitterWindow.
The sash would move to position -22 hiding the open files list and the sash itself.
This turned out to be a bug of wxDockit, which I fixed and documented. When the layout was updated, wxDockit would first launch the wxEVT_LAYOUT_CHANGE and then actually perform the layout. I 've corrected it in the wxDockit sources in our CVS and everything started working fine.

I haven't checked wxSmith's code for a while, but are you using a wxSplitterWindow directly?
You might want to use a wxSplitPanel, created by Rick (in xtra_classes.h). See projectmanager.cpp for how it is used...

[edit]
Also, check out EditorManager::RefreshOpenFilesTree() which is called when the layout changes (it could be called by OnSize). This is what keeps the sash in sync after layout.
[/edit]

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
Re: wxSmith development
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2005, 03:24:21 pm »
I have extended my home leave for extra 2 weeks, still at Malaysia now.

byo , I think you already fix the bugs you mentioned right ? since I want to see the new version of CB , I hv downloaded the latest CVS and compile the latest version . I hv tried CVS dated 26/7/2005 still got problem but 27/7/2005 it seems like ok.

mandrav, I hv downloaded CB rc-1 and try , it works fine , but when I finished compile wxSmith , and try to run , it give me msg "Another CB process is running" , I hv tried to restart my PC , it give the same msg also.

so , I used back the final-beta version .
I am using winXP , wxwidgets-2.6.1