Author Topic: help files  (Read 3725 times)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
help files
« on: July 22, 2006, 10:17:50 pm »
   How do you install help files?  Also, where can I get some help files (win32 api, c++, etc)?  What formats does C::B support for help files?

jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
Re: help files
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 10:28:11 pm »
   How do you install help files?  Also, where can I get some help files (win32 api, c++, etc)?  What formats does C::B support for help files?

jmccay

I am going to partially answer my own post.  I should have thought of googling it earlier.  For those who want it there are lots of help files at:

for open source:
http://htmlhelp.berlios.de/

I am still looking for the win32 api docs though.

jmccay
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 10:50:42 pm by jmccay »

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: help files
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 10:53:03 pm »
Googling for win32.hlp will give you various links to get that file.

How do you install them? I place all the help files in C:\Program files\CodeBlocks\Help files (it's just a matter of taste) and then go to Settings->Environment, Help files. The interface should be simple enough.

You should have checked Help->Plugins->Help plugin first. I added the description a few days ago and it should answer most of this post too :)