Author Topic: New to Code Blocks  (Read 25463 times)

DaveK

Re: New to Code Blocks
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 02:55:41 am »
mingw32-g++.exe -LC:\MinGW\lib  -o D:\CodeBlocks\wx263\samples\access\vc_mswunivudll\access.exe vc_mswunivudll\accesstest\accesstest.o  vc_mswunivudll\accesstest\accesstest.res    -mwindows

undefined references sample
vc_mswunivudll\accesstest\accesstest.o(.text+0x42):accesstest.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxAppConsole17CheckBuildOptionsEPKcS1_'
vc_mswunivudll\accesstest\accesstest.o(.text+0x6c):accesstest.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN5wxAppC2Ev'
vc_mswunivudll\accesstest\accesstest.o(.text+0xd2):accesstest.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxAppConsole14ms_appInstanceE'

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 02:57:12 am by DaveK »

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 03:50:53 am »
If that's all then you'ren't providing the library to the linker and you didn't show the line where accesstest.o is compiled.

BTW, access isn't one of the enabled samples when I compiled it, even though I compiled it with MSYS, and that vc_mswunivudll still looks suspicious if you're using MinGW.

Are you sure you used this line to build the library: mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc  MONOLITHIC=1 SHARED=1 UNICODE=1 BUILD=release

DaveK

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2006, 03:34:23 pm »
Success!!! But under a different vien.

For some reason I try to compile the calendar sample and I get wx/msw/wx.rc not found EVEN with the directories specified under Build options. So I moved to build a HelloWorld example. Just created a new wxWidgets project out of the box in Codeblocks. Compiled that and it worked.

I didn't mention though.... I WAS driving these programs without the engine. Ceniza provided that missing link that I completely forgot and am now banging my head against the keyboard for forgetting. Hard to run wxWidgets without a wxWidgets library. Yeah... I compile wxWidgets, yet forget to even include the built library in CodeBlocks. You may now commence throwing tomatoes at me.

Still confused about the calendar project not compiling, but now that I got a wxWidgets program to compile I am gearing up to get more complex! thanks for the help!

Sorry about this whole ordeal. Now I know. ;)