Author Topic: Variables are being ignored  (Read 3245 times)

bigbug

Variables are being ignored
« on: July 13, 2006, 06:03:37 pm »
Hello,
is it possible to make Code::Blocks interpret variables like $(CODEBLOCKS) in Settings->Compiler and debugger->Programs? Especially in the "Debugger" field e. g. the variable $(CODEBLOCKS) is being ingnored.

Thank you for this great IDE!  :D

Raijinsetsu

Re: Variables are being ignored
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 03:34:10 pm »
Me want big big.
I've also been looking for this functionality. It makes project templates more flexible. Anyone who's worked with vis-studio has probably seen the "Output: '$(ProjectName).dll'" field in the compiler options. Takes out a lot of repition AND it allows easier renaming of output files.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Variables are being ignored
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 11:37:06 pm »
Me want big big.
I've also been looking for this functionality. It makes project templates more flexible. Anyone who's worked with vis-studio has probably seen the "Output: '$(ProjectName).dll'" field in the compiler options. Takes out a lot of repition AND it allows easier renaming of output files.
This has nothing to do with the original topic, what you ask for has been supported for ages. In fact, Code::Blocks supported this before Visual Studio 2005 was released. :)

Compiler and debugger executable paths (OT) are a different thing, I am not sure if any kind of variable substitution is done in these at all (don't think so).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."