Author Topic: about 'new file' wizard  (Read 10372 times)

mdelfede

about 'new file' wizard
« on: July 12, 2006, 02:27:21 pm »
I've got a problem with 'new file' wizard; it shows 2 icons for .h files and 2 for .c files, as in attachment.
Selecting for example the second for .c files, the wizard shows up. With the first one an error is shown.
The version is 2739 svn.

Ciao

Max

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: about 'new file' wizard
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 02:58:08 pm »
I've got a problem with 'new file' wizard; it shows 2 icons for .h files and 2 for .c files, as in attachment.
I guess you have not cleaned your directory before updating to the latest nightly. The project wizard plugin has been renamed into scriptedwizard. Remove the project wizard DLL from your C::B folder.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

mdelfede

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 03:54:40 pm »
I guess you have not cleaned your directory before updating to the latest nightly. The project wizard plugin has been renamed into scriptedwizard. Remove the project wizard DLL from your C::B folder.

Yes, that's right.... I thought that svn would do the job, but of course update.bat did not.

Ciao

Max

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 04:02:25 pm »
I thought that svn would do the job, but of course update.bat did not.

svn doesn't touch files not under version control.
update.bat could do it, you 're right. But it doesn't, you 're right again :)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 05:54:42 pm »
I thought that svn would do the job, but of course update.bat did not.

svn doesn't touch files not under version control.
update.bat could do it, you 're right. But it doesn't, you 're right again :)

Doesn't Menu->build->clean do it?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 06:17:43 pm »
I'd say no, because the references are also no longer in the project file. The easiest way is to simply delete the contents of the devel and output folder one time. If you are scared about the space the that the object files still occupy (allthough they don't influence) you can remove the .obj directory, too.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 06:18:37 pm »

No, because the target's output is scriptedwizard.dll, not projectwizard.dll which was before. "Clean" deletes the target's binary output (among other things).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

mdelfede

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 08:34:57 pm »

No, because the target's output is scriptedwizard.dll, not projectwizard.dll which was before. "Clean" deletes the target's binary output (among other things).

I think the easier way to avoid the problem would be to put some 'del's in update.bat and let them there for some days in svn  .

ciao

Max

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 08:37:39 pm »
about the new file, I prefer a quick : file new, without wizards. Wizard approach can coexist for newfile.

sethjackson

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 09:13:13 pm »
about the new file, I prefer a quick : file new, without wizards. Wizard approach can coexist for newfile.

Yup. I like that too. :)

mdelfede

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 09:15:09 pm »

What about a 'right mouse button menu' for each file category, with a 'new empty file' inside ?
For example, right clicking on 'sources' would lead to a 'new empty c file' - 'new empty c++ file', very quick way to add a specific kind of empty file without going thru wizard (which can of course be present for future more complicated tasks).

Ciao

Max

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 09:39:21 pm »

What about a 'right mouse button menu' for each file category, with a 'new empty file' inside ?
For example, right clicking on 'sources' would lead to a 'new empty c file' - 'new empty c++ file', very quick way to add a specific kind of empty file without going thru wizard (which can of course be present for future more complicated tasks).

Ciao

Max

sources and headers are only there when there's a project Should be also without a project.
From time to time I create a new file just as a scratchpad, or as a clipboard for some code snippets for printing out

mdelfede

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 12:00:17 am »

sources and headers are only there when there's a project Should be also without a project.
From time to time I create a new file just as a scratchpad, or as a clipboard for some code snippets for printing out

You're right, I haven't thought about it.
But both solutions together wouldn't be bad  :D
(I'm still waitin' for the "do the job, I'll go holydays" button  :mrgreen: )

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 01:49:03 am »
<snip>
(I'm still waitin' for the "do the job, I'll go holydays" button  :mrgreen: )

In about 200 years. You're working on the base right now .