Author Topic: The 10 July 2006 build is out.  (Read 27513 times)

MB

MB

Re: The 10 July 2006 build is out.
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 12:32:09 pm »
don't shoot me ;-) , search again please, I know in other posts a 'secondary download location" has been specified.

[EDIT] or read the post above, typing at the same moment ...

No worries :) and thanks for the help.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 12:34:21 pm »
See this little white text box on the upper right part of the page with a button titled "Search"? Type your keywords there and then press the button...

Thank you for introducing me and other forum members to the wonders of the Search field and button. Even though I am sure that the operational semantics of “Search” is already well understood by most members of this forum 8)

Apparently not...

Any (useful) help would be appreciated :)

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—Author unknown
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 12:37:20 pm by mandrav »
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
    • http://ajonsson.kapsi.fi/
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 12:37:22 pm »
@killerbot

Any chances that you could replace the links in the nightly posts with the general one (which provides mirrors)?

Also, have you seen this? I also think that it would be great it the rss feed would include the commits. :)

MB

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 12:52:21 pm »
See this little white text box on the upper right part of the page with a button titled "Search"? Type your keywords there and then press the button...

Thank you for introducing me and other forum members to the wonders of the Search field and button. Even though I am sure that the operational semantics of “Search” is already well understood by most members of this forum 8)

Apparently not...

Any (useful) help would be appreciated :)

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—Author unknown

LOL! Let me give you a quote then:

"To start blindly with a statement is a sign of arrogance and narrow-mindedness, and will lead to conflict. To start blindly with a question is a sign of uncertainty and honesty, and will lead to wisdom." 8)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 01:27:34 pm »
LOL! Let me give you a quote then:

"To start blindly with a statement is a sign of arrogance and narrow-mindedness, and will lead to conflict. To start blindly with a question is a sign of uncertainty and honesty, and will lead to wisdom." 8)

Let me see if I get this straight:

• You come here with a question that has been asked and answered before,
  • I tell you to use the forum search,
  • You reply ironically to my reply,
  • I give you a quote why my post was actually useful, and
  • You call me arrogant and narrow-minded?  :?:
* mandrav is left speechless...

I 'll just be your kind host (for now).
But don't fool yourself that such behaviour will be tolerated in the future...
Be patient!

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 01:38:52 pm »
A problem with one of the links:

Too many clients for /codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

Not sure if this is really a "Too many clients" problem or some other problem?

Another quote from blind arrogance, abuse, and cynicism

"if the foo shits..."

« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:43:46 pm by Pecan »

MB

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 02:38:09 pm »
Let's focus on solving the problem. The link doesn't work because it doesn't point to where the mirrors are. So it is a very simple problem to fix as artoj points out:

@killerbot

Any chances that you could replace the links in the nightly posts with the general one (which provides mirrors)?

Also, have you seen this? I also think that it would be great it the rss feed would include the commits. :)

vesselin_peev

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 02:52:20 pm »
Mandrav, I notice that your first reply to MB,

Quote from: Mandrav
See this little white text box on the upper right part of the page with a button titled "Search"? Type your keywords there and then press the button..."

reads as patronizing, even if you hadn't intended it to be so. No ones likes to be patronized. All the more, MB posed the question normally, and kindly added that CodeBlocks is a great work. To MB: from my experience as a forum administrator elsewhere, I can tell you that most people don't search before asking. So, please understand Mandrav's reaction. You shouldn't have replied with sarcasm to him.

I couldn't help but post this, as I think this forum is visited by educated people.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 03:15:06 pm »

See this little white text box on the upper right part of the page with a button titled "Search"? Type your keywords there and then press the button..."

reads as patronizing, even if you hadn't intended it to be so. No ones likes to be patronized. All the more, MB posed the question normally, and kindly added that CodeBlocks is a great work.

It wasn't intended as patronizing. No such intention from my part.
Anyway, move on people :)
Be patient!

MB

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 03:40:05 pm »

reads as patronizing, even if you hadn't intended it to be so. No ones likes to be patronized. All the more, MB posed the question normally, and kindly added that CodeBlocks is a great work. To MB: from my experience as a forum administrator elsewhere, I can tell you that most people don't search before asking. So, please understand Mandrav's reaction. You shouldn't have replied with sarcasm to him.

I couldn't help but post this, as I think this forum is visited by educated people.

I am also a forum administrator elsewhere and do understand why it sometimes can be tempting to be (lets say) less than problem focused when replying :)

But I also do believe that if a person thinks it is fair to patronize other people then that person should accept that sometimes he/she will be patronized right back :)

But anyway…let’s move on and not waste any more time on this. I for one won’t post any more about this. Time to code! :)

vesselin_peev

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 07:09:26 pm »
Quote from: MB
But I also do believe that if a person thinks it is fair to patronize other people then that person should accept that sometimes he/she will be patronized right back :)

Of course, you are right about this, but it is also true that patronising (and sarcasm) are bad regardless of why they are used. So, a sensible man will not use them even if he is their aim.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 07:11:39 pm by vesselin_peev »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 08:03:44 pm »
@killerbot

I didn't know there were other links that provided mirrors  :oops:

Second part, will see, first I need to automate things a bit further. Though I am not so found of the idea. Rss feeds should be small, it's main purpose is just to let you know there's news and provide you with a quick lint to the news, so you don't needs to reload that website page all the time. Just like the firefox guys do it.
The commit posts can be very long on some productive days ;-)