Author Topic: The 13 July 2006 build is out.  (Read 9995 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 13 July 2006 build is out.
« on: July 13, 2006, 08:49:55 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll (2.6.2) for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb.7z

The 13 July 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060713_rev2746_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060713_rev2746_Ubuntu6.06.deb (not this time)
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20060713_rev2746_fc4+5.rpm

Resolved Fixed:

• "File->New" now has a submenu with quick shortcuts to the various kinds of wizards. It also has an "empty file" entry which brings back the old way to create an empty file
  • "File->New->Empty file" moved to top of the submenu and assigned Ctrl-Shift-N for it
  • Creating a new empty file does no longer popup the file selector dialog. This will happen on save. The only side-effect is that the user is no longer asked to add the new file to the active project, since no new file really exists yet
  • Fixed the "create new project" link in "Start here" page to launch the new project wizard
  • Renamed IntroPanel to InfoPanel in scriptedwizard. Also added a "Skip" checkbox so that these info panels can be disabled by the user (still needs some layout tweaking)
  • Renamed IntroPanel to InfoPanel in scriptedwizard. Also added a "Skip" checkbox so that these info panels can be disabled by the user (still needs some layout tweaking)
  • * Script global functions:
      + Log() now outputs to app log.
      + added LogDebug()
      + added LogWarning()
      + added LogError()
  • Added LogBuild() script global function (logs to build log)
  • also FixupLinkLibraries for extra libraries specified on the compiler settings level (just like on the project and target levels)

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • there are several issues with Code Completion (is being redesigned : work in progress)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 11:10:42 pm by killerbot »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 13 July 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 10:28:09 pm »
normally the revision used here will not build (I missed something in my commit, but it was present on my system).
It already has been fixed in svn (thx Yiannis). (So the windows nightly build will run ok)

You need to change sdk\compilercommandlinegenerator.cpp line 580 to :
Code
wxString CompilerCommandGenerator::GetOrderedOptions(const ProjectBuildTarget* target, OptionsRelationType rel, const wxString& project_options, const wxString& target_options)
(the first const)

stupid me  :oops:

Offline skirby

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 12:06:21 am »
Hello,

is it normal that entries in project dialog are doubled?

Thanks for this new build.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 12:46:27 am »
skirby: check here.

bigbug

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 10:13:55 am »
Hello,
I've found a little problem in the new Project-Wizard. The "-s" switch doesn't work. Looking into common_functions.script I've seen in line 48
Code
base.AddCompilerOption(_T("-s"));
If I change it to
Code
base.AddLinkerOption(_T("-s"));
the switch works.
The scripted Project-Wizards are really a great improvement :D! An additional improvement would be to register the wizards automatically by reading all folders in $(CODEBLOCKS)/share/CodeBlocks/templates/wizard. The wizard-folders could be in category-subfolders to get their categories. Each wizard could have an additional file with it's type and title. The advantage would be, that extracting a new nightly into the $(CODEBLOCKS) folder wouldn't unregister your additional wizards. But saving your config.script and overwriting or modifying the one from the nightly isn't that bad too.

Thank You

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 12:07:19 pm »
I have an error when compile Code::Blocks rev 2750

:: === Code::Blocks, scintilla ===
C:\DEV\codeblocks\include\wx\dnd.h:53: warning: inline function `bool wxIsDragResultOk(wxDragResult)' declared as dllimport: attribute ignored
C:\DEV\codeblocks\include\wx\dnd.h:53: warning: inline function `bool wxIsDragResultOk(wxDragResult)' declared as dllimport: attribute ignored
:: === Code::Blocks, wxFlatNotebook ===
:: === Code::Blocks, sdk ===
:: === Code::Blocks, src ===
src\appglobals.cpp:98: error: too many initializers for `const wxString[2]'
src\appglobals.cpp:110: error: too many initializers for `const int[2]'
:: === Build finished: 2 errors, 7 warnings ===

sorry for the spam  :D

this error is when i editing src\appglobals.cpp to add my lang
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 12:15:00 pm by Milen Simeonov »

Squeller

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 04:39:25 pm »
The "new projects" wizard windows became too small. Example: I want to start the wizard for a new fltk app. At the window where you have to enter the fltk location, the button "..." for the directory picker is to the right, outside the window, you cannot see it.

Win2000SP4 here.

Offline skirby

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 05:50:13 pm »
skirby: check here.

Thanks you very much Ceniza, problem solved  :D

RAZZ

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 11:22:42 pm »
Hi there,

I am comming from RC2, so this is my first nightly.
In RC2, when I click on "New->project" I have an option to create a SDL project. What happened to that?

Thanks for all the great work! Code::Blocks is THE best IDE!