Author Topic: Problem Installing Code Blocks  (Read 3814 times)

pilozzi

Problem Installing Code Blocks
« on: July 05, 2006, 11:30:52 pm »
After extracting the 3 files into a common directory and modifying my computer's path statement to include location of dlls I receive the following error when trying to start Code Blocks: The procedure entry point _ZNK7wxRegEx7MatchesEPKwij could not be found in wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.dll.  This was my first installation/use of this software.  Your help is resolving this is appreciated.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: Problem Installing Code Blocks
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 03:47:16 pm »
...and modifying my computer's path statement to include location of dlls...
Not necessary and often not a good idea. As long as the DLLs are in C::B's startup directory they'll be found without trouble.

This specific error actually indicates that you're using a different version of the wxWidgets DLL than C::B was compiled for -- most likely, the wxWidgets 2.6.2 DLL, C::B having been compiled for 2.6.3pl2. This could be because you extracted the wrong version, or it could be because there is another version somewhere in your path that is being found before the correct version. Ensure that the only wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.dll is the one in your C::B installation directory, and that it is the correct version.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

enovillo

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 04:31:22 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried revisions 2676 and 2687 (nightly builds from 2006/07/04 and 2006/07/05, respectively). Both have the same problem. Also, I don't have another wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.dll anywhere in my PATH (or the hard drive, for that matter), just the one in the codeblocks directory.

Don't all Windows executables look for dll's in their own directories first? If that's true, and I have the dll in the same directory with codeblocks, having another version of the dll somewhere else shouldn't make a difference. Right?

What am I missing?

Thanks.

PS: On a somewhat related note, I checked the dependencies of the dll with DependencyWalker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) and it told me that there's at least one missing delay-load module (msjava.dll). I don't think it's related, but I still wanted to throw this out there, just in case.

Alturin

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 04:59:52 pm »
I had this problem too, it was fixed by downloading the Unicode .dll that is posted in the nightly build topic (the one from which you downloaded the nightly build).

enovillo

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 11:10:47 pm »
Thanks, that fixed my problem.

May I suggest that the link to the wxWidget for Code::Blocks dll be removed from http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/?

I downloaded the dll from that page, so when I went to the latest nightly build I ignored the links to the modified wxWidget dll, which was obviously a mistake.