Author Topic: Help ! My workspace is corrupt, CB crashes when loading  (Read 8579 times)

rob

Help ! My workspace is corrupt, CB crashes when loading
« on: May 19, 2005, 08:06:41 am »
It seems one of the projects of my workspace is broken and when starting C::B (newest Version, on Windows XP), it crashes at the moment it tries to load one of the projects.
Where is the workspace defined ? Haven't found any configuration files.
What I do now, is to open the project I want to work on from the commandline. Then I have just that Project open, and everything is fine. I thought i could just save the workspace, but when I try to do so, C::B seems to refresh teh corrupt workspace and crashes.  
Do I need to clear the confuguration ? I hope not, because then I would loose all general compiler sttings, custom commands and so on.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 08:20:27 am »
In Xp, it is in "Documents and Settings/<username>/.CodeBlocks/default.workspace".
If you can, please send me the default.workspace and the project file (only) of the project that's crashing...

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

rob

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 08:45:47 am »
thanks for the reply, I took out the bad project file (no idea what is wrong with it), then everything was o.k. again with CodeBlocks.
I am gonna send you the file to your hotmail adress.
rob

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 11:16:59 am »
The project file itself opens just fine here. This leads me to believe there's a bug somewhere else. It *could* be the class-parser choking on a specific file but it hasn't crashed on me for a long long time now.

Supposing that C::B still crashes when opening this specific project, try the following steps:

1) If you 're using code-completion cache, there should be a file <projectname>.cbcache. Close C::B, delete this file and try to open your project.

2) Disable all plugins and open the project again. If it doesn't crash, start enabling the plugins one-at-a-time and see which causes the crash.

3) Check at the C::B installation dir. There might be a file there called codeblocks.rpt. Please send it to me. It will help me pin down the problem.

Yiannis.
Be patient!

rob

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 06:08:30 pm »
Yiannis, thanks very much. Option 1) solved the problem.

I checked also codeblocks.rpt, but it has filesize 0.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 06:20:27 pm »
Just as I supposed. I'm sure we need to implement some hashing to detect corrupted entries in the cbcache.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 06:33:59 pm »
Quote from: rob
Yiannis, thanks very much. Option 1) solved the problem.

I checked also codeblocks.rpt, but it has filesize 0.

Alright. If this happens again, please, before deleting the .cbcache file, zip it and send it to me. I 'd like to see what went wrong with it...

Yiannis.
Be patient!

bszente

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 11:59:28 pm »
That workspace opening problem is happening to me also. If I follow the Option 1., and I delete those dbCache files, the workspace (projects) load well, but after closing CodeBlocks, the cbCache files will be recreated and the whole process is happening again.
Note that this is happening only for some projects, not for all. But it is reproducible.
Maybe I should disable the caching.

Do you want me to send some dbCache files, or project files?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2005, 09:34:04 am »
Yes, that's the point. For some reason, the cbcache file has errors and I 'd like to see what they 're and fix them. Until this issue is fixed, you can disable caching so you won't have any problems with it.

Yiannis.

PS: Select the smallest possible cbcache file you can send me. It will be easier to debug. And don't forget to compress it.
Be patient!