Author Topic: The 02 July 2006 build will NOT be out.  (Read 12739 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 02 July 2006 build will NOT be out.
« on: July 02, 2006, 06:08:25 pm »
no commits

Offline Acki

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 02 July 2006 build will NOT be out.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 07:14:18 pm »
Hi,
I have a question about the help system:
If I right-click on a source code and select "Locate in MyHelp - Referenz" the help stays alway on top and I have to close it to get back to the source code...  :?

Is there a way to change this behavior (I found no Settings option) ???
If not, can this be added to one of the next releases, please !?!?!
This is really boring...  :(

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 09:09:40 pm »
Hi,
I have a question about the help system:
If I right-click on a source code and select "Locate in MyHelp - Referenz" the help stays alway on top and I have to close it to get back to the source code...  :?

Is there a way to change this behavior (I found no Settings option) ???
If not, can this be added to one of the next releases, please !?!?!
This is really boring...  :(
I agree. I would love a setting for this option. I prefer to leave the help file open while editing code. Thanks.
- Ryan

Ubuntu/WinXP, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 05:45:27 am »
Please fill a feature request at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/MicrosoftWindowsSDK/ (just kidding) :P

Sorry but such an option seems impossible with CHM files and the Windows' SDK is the one to blame. I'd love to have it working like that too, but how?

So far the only idea I've had, which I'ven't tried yet, is to have an external program that launches the CHM file. Hopefully this will make the CHM stay on top of the helper program (and this one could be "invisible").

In the meanwhile you can try launching the CHM file without using "Locate in" (it'll launch it with the associated program) and then search manually, or use "Locate in" and when you want to go back to Code::Blocks, just minimize it.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 11:05:33 am »
So far the best I've found is KeyHH (http://www.keyworks.net/keyhh.htm). It allows you to launch a CHM file with a keyword search from the command line (hh cannot do that). I could give the help plugin the ability to use it if it's installed and associated with CHM files and avoid the use of wxCHMHelpController (which uses the evil HtmlHelp* functions).

The original idea was to code something like that, but it'd require Windows specific "stuff" (functions, structures, black magic, evil spells, ...), and definitely that's not my field.

Just another idea, if possible, would be to commit the executable (24K) to the repository so the help plugin could always use it to launch CHM files with keyword search, but it sounds really evil.

The program is free but there's no source code available, and I wonder if disassembling it wouldn't cause any trouble :P

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 01:54:21 am »
Wow, three posts in a row, but it's the last one, I promise :)

I finally found how to solve that problem and was simpler than I thought. It could even be considered a feature request/bug fix for wxWidgets. If you compare my solution with wxWidgets' implementation all that changes is I pass a NULL HWND instead of a "valid" one.

Anyway, it's committed in revision 2679 and should be available in the 05 July nightly :)

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 03:00:21 pm »
Thanks. It works great! :shock:
- Ryan

Ubuntu/WinXP, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 10:29:04 pm »
Wow, three posts in a row, but it's the last one, I promise :)

I finally found how to solve that problem and was simpler than I thought. It could even be considered a feature request/bug fix for wxWidgets. If you compare my solution with wxWidgets' implementation all that changes is I pass a NULL HWND instead of a "valid" one.

Anyway, it's committed in revision 2679 and should be available in the 05 July nightly :)

I've forgotten how to use the help plugin. Darn.
I compiled it, it says its loaded, but when I mark a keyword and
look at the context menu, nothing about help is there. F1, nor ctrl-F1 do anything.

A reminder please?? Could you put a blurb in the help->plugins-> help plugin->info popup that says how to use it?

thanks
pecan

Edit: I found the help config settings, added wx.chm to the window clicked ok.
when I revisit settings->environmet-> help files, the window is empty.
 What am I doing wrong?

BTW, if you add only one item and accidently click on "down", the system crashes.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 10:49:30 pm by Pecan »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 10:46:45 pm »
I've forgotten how to use the help plugin. Darn. [...]
A reminder please??
You first have to setup help files. Goto Settings -> Environment -> Section "Help files". Add your help files (*.hlp, *.chm) there. They will automatically appear in the help menu(s) afterwards. If you setup one help file as "default" this will be used on F1.

BTW: Please notice that there was a bug recently that let the help files one had setup not appear and get lost after C::B was closed. This was fixed in SVN revision 2675.

With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 11:04:50 pm »
Ok, now Morten was faster :)

I could add where it's configured in the info popup :D