Author Topic: patch: flatNotebook improvement  (Read 3986 times)

Offline kai

• Multiple posting newcomer
patch: flatNotebook improvement
« on: June 23, 2006, 06:39:09 pm »
Hi,

i've created a patch for the flat notebook. the scrolling/moving is now more similar to other tabwidgets. it does not switch between tab pages but moves single tabs to the left or right. this has two advantages in my opinion:
1) you always have the maximum number of tabs visible at once
2) switching whole tab pages can be a bit confusing, i think it's easier to keep the orientation now

i have implemented it as a new window style (wxFNB_SCROLL_SINGLE_TAB) - therefore switching to the old behaviour is easy. I have only tested it with the styles C::B uses yet - to get it upstream i have to make a little more testing.
https://developer.berlios.de/patch/index.php?func=detailpatch&patch_id=1155&group_id=5358

another related thing: i would like to change the way the editor title is used. i would
a) always use relative filename (including relative path) for the application window and the "Opened Files" list
b) prefer "name only" as a default for the tabs.

There is the option editor title in the configuration. I would like to either remove it or only use it as an option for the tabs (with default "name only").

Comments appreciated

Kai
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 06:49:54 pm by kai »