Author Topic: About RC3  (Read 137677 times)

Offline codeur

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
Re: About RC3
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2007, 03:00:53 pm »
Some of these things should be very easy to implement (a few days) but sometimes it is very difficult.
I take this as a reassurance that developers are still considering a stable release as important. No estimate? Fair enough, we are in the open-source world where teams do not have to provide meaningless delivery estimates. It is also reassuring that the focus seems to be moving towards bug fixing. Steady as we go, and thanks for such a good IDE.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2007, 03:13:29 pm »
I take this as a reassurance that developers are still considering a stable release as important.

Yes! Putting a stable release is a major target for us.

No estimate? Fair enough, we are in the open-source world where teams do not have to provide meaningless delivery estimates. It is also reassuring that the focus seems to be moving towards bug fixing. Steady as we go, and thanks for such a good IDE.

Sometimes it becomes difficult to set a deadline and meet it for an Open Source project. One of the important problem is that most of the developers have to work for some organisation to earn bread & butter. That takes most of the free time available to work on the Open-Source project. This is Not an Excuse, rather this is a crude reality.

No open source project would like to feed their user with promises and then delay it. There are some reasons which forced us to delay. This is another reason why we don't want to give you an idea when we are going to release next milestone release. When we'll be ready, we'll announce it. In the meantime we'll organise bug-fix week and try to make it clean. :)

Best Regards,

Biplab
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:37:00 pm by Biplab »
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2007, 09:36:56 pm »
Bugfix week sometimes destroys complex project, which work somehow and nobody nows how... :lol:
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2007, 10:16:24 pm »
Bugfix week sometimes destroys complex project, which work somehow and nobody nows how... :lol:

Oh, no no no, "Working somehow" is definitely not what we want. And it's better to find such "destroying" issues sooner than later. So anyway making bugfix week is a good thing  8)

BYO

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2007, 11:25:33 pm »
byo - pls make wxGrid component. That will be real bugfix... Have no time to do that, have no free money to ask somebody to do that :shock:
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2007, 12:40:18 am »
byo - pls make wxGrid component. That will be real bugfix... Have no time to do that, have no free money to ask somebody to do that :shock:

Ok, but it will be really basic support, I can provide all evens, that's easy, but generated code will only call new wxGrid(...), there will be no CreateGrid nor SetTable called, this will have to be done manually. I don't have time for this either.

BYO

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2007, 02:45:40 am »
even that is ok
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2007, 03:16:26 am »
It's already on svn, you can try it if you want ;)

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2007, 03:39:48 am »
Have no time to build something :cry:
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2007, 04:09:23 pm »
Well, it C::B had some serious memory leaks which are fixed a few days ago. There ae also some people looking to speed improvements. Both are things that have high priority before making a new release. It is frustrating to open a file and have to wait until the file is completely parsed by the code completion plugin.
So yes, this piece of art can be better :)
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2007, 05:29:58 pm »
Just some announcement, my work on improving the Code Completion plugin has barely started. It's 99% probable it won't make it for RC3 or even Final.

HOWEVER, I got an idea that MIGHT JUST work. I'll post it in the appropriate forum.

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2007, 06:39:18 pm »
Just some announcement, my work on improving the Code Completion plugin has barely started. It's 99% probable it won't make it for RC3 or even Final.

HOWEVER, I got an idea that MIGHT JUST work. I'll post it in the appropriate forum.

cant wait for some code completition updates  :D!

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2007, 08:49:55 pm »
RC3 forever :lol:
gcc+winXP+suse.

ralatalo

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2007, 01:44:49 am »
I am glad I didn't hold my breath...but I am curious if there is any new estimates as to when we might see a full release?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2007, 03:42:54 pm »
December 2, 2038
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."