Author Topic: About RC3  (Read 137675 times)

Offline DC@DR

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: About RC3
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2006, 07:27:44 pm »
Hi there,

I'm just new here and I see the first post about RC3 in this thread was there since June, 2006, and now we're in Nov, 2006, and RC3 is still not officially released yet?! That's why I have this really simple question here: when will we have the RC3 rolled out publicly? Thanks :)

cpprooky

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2006, 10:54:19 pm »
 :D If you read the previous replies to this question in that thread, you'll see that nobody can tell you when RC3 will be released .. but Nightly Builds are a good way to forget about RC3 !!!

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2006, 11:34:56 pm »
I have an idea. Probably you have to make an updater from nightly builds and the nightly build with that updater will be the CodeBlocks 1.0!!!

That is not so funny to go everyday to the CB web cite to check and then download the newer version :x.

If users will have automatic updater for most common OS - they will be most happiest users in the wold :lol:.
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline kidmosey

• MUSITU International
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2006, 07:17:38 am »
I have an idea. Probably you have to make an updater from nightly builds and the nightly build with that updater will be the CodeBlocks 1.0!!!

That is not so funny to go everyday to the CB web cite to check and then download the newer version :x.

If users will have automatic updater for most common OS - they will be most happiest users in the wold :lol:.

I think that is on the roadmap for version 1.0 http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Roadmap_for_version_1.0

If you really want RC3, just download the latest nightly and rename the file to codeblocks_RC3.7z

viola!
3 years until google knows more than god.

dinosky

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2006, 06:24:33 am »

I think that is on the roadmap for version 1.0 http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Roadmap_for_version_1.0

If you really want RC3, just download the latest nightly and rename the file to codeblocks_RC3.7z

viola!

Probably the solution is to download a nightly build and label it with the date and collect all know bugs /issues with that particular build and inform all users about it. When it is recommended to users, give them all the information about this particular release and ask them NOT to download from the official site but use your chosen version, and then all features/bugs/problems will be "stable" and you can talk about compatibilities and so on.

Of course this could be done by the C::B team, which is easy : just choose a particular nightly build and label it RC3 and give them all the info about that build and so on, and then everybody will get a "stable" version (by "stable" I mean the same set of feature/bugs/issues etc) RC3 doesn't have to be perfect and all will expect bugs/problems as in any "Release". Why not do it ?

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2006, 06:47:10 am »
I can put it on to my personal web cite :lol:...
gcc+winXP+suse.

rossa

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2006, 11:07:52 pm »
Hi there,

I'm just new here and I see the first post about RC3 in this thread was there since June, 2006, and now we're in Nov, 2006, and RC3 is still not officially released yet?! That's why I have this really simple question here: when will we have the RC3 rolled out publicly? Thanks :)

Yes its kind of become an ongoing joke really. Basically forget about RC3 just get the nightly.

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2006, 02:59:33 am »
Probably here is a conspiracy theory 8). They make a commercial product which they are testing on people from Internet :mrgreen:. When I will have time  - will make a web page with stable CB night realizes :!:.
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2006, 08:30:04 am »
whatever
Please don't use any other language than English in this forum. This applies to sigs, too.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

quad cortex

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2007, 03:45:20 pm »
heh, wow, Feb 28 2007 and no RC3... actually, NO official release!!?

Anyway, code::block's a nice IDE even its RC2 version.
I guess I'll try downloading the nightly builds from now on.

Offline ijese

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2007, 08:34:01 pm »
Well it's May 2007 and ... how is RC3 going?

Best regards,
Igor

--
Igor Jese, igor@jeseonline.com
http://mockupscreens.com
igor@mockupscreens.com

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2007, 04:23:07 am »
never  :lol:
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline peso

• Abalone on Wikipedia
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2007, 08:54:20 am »
Hi developers

Thanks for codeblocks - my favorite IDE: Fast, bugfree, open source, crossplatform, works with many compilers.

I'm wondering why there is no stable releases of codeblocks. I don't mean stable as in do-not-crash, but stable as in branch-with-few-or-none-updates.

The nightly builds satisfy stable as do-not-crash, but as there is a new "release" every night it is not a branch-with-few-or-none-updates.

My guess is that the reason is one of the following:
a) nobody has time to do the work to set up a branch, do the build, collect bug reports.
b) some critical bug/problem in the code is not solved
c) there is no user-supporter on the development team (only great coders).

This thread has been read more than 10,000 times, quite a lot, so I think there must be somebody out there that would like to give a hand to make a stable release happen.

Is it possible for you (developers) to define some tasks that could be done by the community to create a stable branch, with half-yearly releases?

Regards,
Peer

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2007, 11:17:59 am »
The official reason for not bringing out a stable release is that some developers want to implement a view things before releasing a stable release. Some of these things should be very easy to implement (a few days) but sometimes it is very difficult.
The good news is that there has been a bugfix week and there is planned one over a couple of weeks.
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2007, 02:21:51 pm »
feed by promises
gcc+winXP+suse.