User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Problem using 'run' command.

(1/3) > >>

StApostol:
It is not possible to run a program in a path containing the '&' character.

For example trying to run a program in the path: "D:\programming\C&C++\TileNG(allegro)\Binaries\Mingw" through the IDE I get the following error:

" 'D:\programming\C' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the path specified.

Press ENTER to continue. "

mandrav:
I can't reproduce it here...

What OS are you running?
Which C::B version?

Give some more info...

Yiannis.

Anonymous:
I'm really sorry, I had to close the connection before giving all the info I wanted.

System WinXP SP2, Codeblocks beta7. Built using mingw 3.4.2 (build completes successfully), but the IDE's 'run' command fails.

All paths are relative but changing them to absolute doesn't change anything. There may also be a bug in the path selection: the binaries path is always reverted to relative even when set as absolute.

mandrav:

--- Quote ---System WinXP SP2, Codeblocks beta7. Built using mingw 3.4.2 (build completes successfully), but the IDE's 'run' command fails.

All paths are relative but changing them to absolute doesn't change anything. There may also be a bug in the path selection: the binaries path is always reverted to relative even when set as absolute.
--- End quote ---

Later today, the next version is going to be released. Try with that because I can't reproduce it here. It might be a bug that's already been fixed...

Yiannis.

StApostol:
OK, the problem persists with the last beta. The only change is that the output window now automatically closes, ie. there is no press ENTER to continue message, making it difficult to read the output (I think I prefer the former behavior).

Things that might be of importance to this:
 - C::B is installed on a path with spaces.
 - the project file, binaries, etc. is on path containing '&', which seems to cause problems.
 - both mingw and msvc2003 do not report problems with the path, while running the exe through explorer (ie. double-clicking) works.
 - Dev-cpp and msvc IDEs do not have any problems with this.
 - The work directory is set as "../", but changing to absolute does not seem to help.

If you need more info about anything, please ask!

(EDIT: typos)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version