Author Topic: What do i need?  (Read 7785 times)

PDEE

What do i need?
« on: June 13, 2006, 09:25:01 pm »
I have just successfully installed Suse 10.1. I already have code::blocks on my windows drive, and i was wondering if code::blocks was vailable for Suse 10.1. I am trying to get rid of windows.  If code::blocks is available for Suse what do i need to download for it. Any help would be most appreciated. I hope this thread is in the right place, if not sorry. :?

Thanks
PDEE

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: What do i need?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 09:35:16 pm »
in the future we will provide also a package for suse.
you can always build it yourself, do you think you are up for that ?

PDEE

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 09:40:53 pm »
Thanks, thats good to know.

As for building it myself i will give it a go, built it on XP, and just built and configured modem drivers for Suse (Took me two days though, just learnig suse :lol: ). Is there some instructions to go with it?, and where do i get it from?

Thanks Killerbot

PDEE

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:42:46 pm »
As for building it myself i will give it a go, built it on XP, and just built and configured modem drivers for Suse (Took me two days though, just learnig suse :lol: ). Is there some instructions to go with it?, and where do i get it from?

Hello,

May be this could help you:

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Compiling_Code::Blocks_in_RPM_based_distributions

Also have a look at the C::B wiki :).

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 10:02:51 pm »
this is what I did (yesterday)

1) install wx  (binaries and the devel sources)
2) kdesvn point it to berlios (see wiki : cookbook nightlies, or main codeblocks webpages/sources on how to do that), you can use kdesvn for this
3) in the trunk directory where the codeblocks sources where put do the following :
4) ./bootstrap (it told me to copy the content of a certain file in another file, just do it (well add it to the content of the second file)
5) ./configure --enable-contribs
6) make
7) sudo make install
8) reboot

that's what did the trick for me (i have done something else also, but i am not sure it was needed)

PDEE

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 10:14:22 pm »
Killerbot,

I'm building wxGTK-2.6.3 right now, is that the right thing to do?, i was following the instructions on the wiki. I got code::blocks 1.0rc2, or should i get a recent one?

Thank you

PDEE

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 10:18:25 pm »
8) reboot

Reboot is needed :??

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 10:20:39 pm »
Killerbot,

I'm building wxGTK-2.6.3 right now, is that the right thing to do?, i was following the instructions on the wiki. I got code::blocks 1.0rc2, or should i get a recent one?

Hello,

You should not use C::B RC2, but download the SVN sources as killerbot has explained.

I am not sure if it is necessary to build wxGTK. May be Suse 10.1 has a binary package already (as Ubuntu).

Best wishes,
Michael

PDEE

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 10:24:40 pm »
Michael,

I have found the correct page for building on linux now, i had already downloaded Rc2 before Killerbot had replied. I have not touched it yet so no harm done. wxGtk is still building so i will try to get the correct one, then install that. If i get stuck i will post back

Thank you guys

PDEE

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 10:49:19 pm »
building wx is not needed, suse10.1 has binary package for it (wx262).

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 10:52:34 pm »
[...]then install that. If i get stuck i will post back

Hello,

If you follow what killerbot as explained above, all should goes well :).

Best wishes,
Michael

PDEE

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 12:01:48 am »
Michael or Killerbot,

I had got code::blocks all ready to go then executed the .spec file but it said i needed the wxGtk-devel files, downloaded it and tried to install it but it said 'There are no installable providers of libexpat.so.0 for wxGtk-devel-2.6.3-2.6.3.2.1.fc4.i386[Local packages]', erm...what does that mean? :lol: . I havn't a clue!! I'm already to build it aswell. Any help would be aprreciated.

Thank you

PDEE

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 12:43:12 am »
[...] There are no installable providers of libexpat.so.0 for wxGtk-devel-2.6.3-2.6.3.2.1.fc4.i386[Local packages] [...]
Don't install a fedora packages on suse. Take the suse packages. Packages of different distributions are usually not compatible with each other (not even between different releases of one distri). Sometimes it seems as if they are. But avoid using them, it makes more problems than needed.

Just start yast, go to "Install/remove software", search for wxGTK-devel and install it ;)
Then build codeblocks.

But to answer your question: The error message says that there is no package available which solves the dependencies of the wxGTK package you want to install. Suse 10.1 uses libexpat.so.1 and has no libexpat.so.0 anymore.
Nightly builds for openSUSE

PDEE

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 12:57:55 am »
Thanks Daniel2000,

I know if i have the wrong pckage for next time. Anyhow, i have done it, code::blocks is up and running, no problems in the compile or anything. I have tried it to see if a small program works and it builds fine. So thanks to you all for your help, really appreciate that. Looks like windows is getting further away :lol:

Thank you

PDEE