Author Topic: FolderTarget error... possible feature request!  (Read 3442 times)

grizzley90

FolderTarget error... possible feature request!
« on: June 12, 2006, 11:27:25 pm »
Hi im using windows, and a svn version of codeblocks about a month old. I imported a msvc solution into codeblocks and all worked fine. It got everything perfectly. but my build target are Debug|Win32 and Release|Win32. I try to compile it compiles perfectly but it cant create the folder Debug|Win32!!!! because having a | is not allowed in folder names on windows. I changed the build target to something else like Debug_Win32 but i still cant compile because it still tries to create the folder Debug|Win32 for the objects outputs (.o's). How can i change the object output target folder? If there is an option somewhere to change it, because i cant find it. and if you can't, then this is a request for that feature and some type of checking to make sure the target folder is actually allowed to be a folder.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: FolderTarget error... possible feature request!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 11:34:38 pm »
Project -> Properties -> Targets -> Objects output dir.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

grizzley90

Re: FolderTarget error... possible feature request!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 11:45:58 pm »
ahh there's that option. I still suggest that a feature be made to check for proper folder names.