Author Topic: Specifying Library file directory  (Read 4055 times)

Offline ironhead

• Almost regular
Specifying Library file directory
« on: June 03, 2006, 04:46:21 am »
I have a DLL project and I would like to be able to specify where the library file (lib.a) should be created.  By default it creates it in the same directory as the lib.dll.  Is it possible to specify a directory, and if so, where can I find this setting?

Thanx!

Balazs

Re: Specifying Library file directory
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 05:56:27 pm »
Would also be nice if not only the directory, but also the name of the import lib could be specified.

sethjackson

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 02:27:18 am »
I have a DLL project and I would like to be able to specify where the library file (lib.a) should be created.  By default it creates it in the same directory as the lib.dll.  Is it possible to specify a directory, and if so, where can I find this setting?

Thanx!

Project -> Properties -> Targets (it is a tab) -> target_name -> Output filename.

Offline ironhead

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 03:08:25 am »
Project -> Properties -> Targets (it is a tab) -> target_name -> Output filename.

I have that set to "..\bin\emergeHook.dll".  however, the import library and corresponding .def file I would prefer to have in ..\lib, not ..\bin.  Is there a way to override this behaviour?

Thanx!

Chris

sethjackson

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 03:14:09 am »

I have that set to "..\bin\emergeHook.dll".  however, the import library and corresponding .def file I would prefer to have in ..\lib, not ..\bin.  Is there a way to override this behaviour?

Thanx!

Chris

Oh unfortunately you can't do that at the moment AFAIK. :(

It is in the feature requests at BerliOS.

http://developer.berlios.de/feature/?func=detailfeature&feature_id=1946&group_id=5358