Author Topic: RC3 release date moved back a few days  (Read 70709 times)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
RC3 release date moved back a few days
« on: May 29, 2006, 02:02:46 pm »
Just what the title says. The release has been postponed for the 4th or 11th of June (coming Sunday or the next).

The reasons for this don't have to do with the development state of Code::Blocks, but rather with some (small) real-life problems of two team members (me and Thomas).

Thanks for understanding :).

Yiannis.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 02:10:11 pm by mandrav »
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

lfm

Re: RC3 release date moved back a few days
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 02:36:31 pm »
I will wait... :D :D :D

hongxing

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 02:45:33 pm »
good news

fooman

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 04:21:44 pm »
I was wondering if the next release would still be coming up this soon!  Just judging by the roadmap as of late.

Offline Conan Kudo

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Enano CMS Project
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 04:31:26 pm »
I will wait very patiently, and I will make sure I get the time within the next week to update my code because I may be without internet access for the whole month... Anyways, I hope you get those problems resolved! 8)

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 06:46:43 pm »
cool  :lol:

Offline duncanka

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 08:25:54 pm »
Just out of curiosity - I've been trying to keep an eye on the SVN logs, and I haven't seen anything related to several of the features the Roadmap predicts for RC3, most notably the XML-based compiler framework and the property-based build system.  Is RC3 going to contain all that, or is it being pushed off for a future version?
(Not trying to push, of course; just wondering.)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 08:43:22 pm »
Just out of curiosity - I've been trying to keep an eye on the SVN logs, and I haven't seen anything related to several of the features the Roadmap predicts for RC3, most notably the XML-based compiler framework and the property-based build system.  Is RC3 going to contain all that, or is it being pushed off for a future version?
(Not trying to push, of course; just wondering.)

The specific feature you 're mentioning, will not make it (as well as a couple of others). We tried our best but we didn't want to postpone the next release any longer. Even as it is, there are people that think C::B development has died  :shock:  (don't ask me why :)).
These features are being actively worked on but they haven't reached a "stable" state yet, so they 're left for v1.5. The roadmap will be updated accordingly when it's clear what made it and what didn't.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Jewe

• Fit Trainer
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 08:57:15 am »
I'll wait for it.. :D
till that time the nightly build will keep me interested in the project.  :D

cheers,

Jewe
Anything curved in the hardware can be straighten with software :D
Compiler: mingw IDE: Code::Blocks Nightly WX: 2.8.0

Max

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 10:48:43 am »

The specific feature you 're mentioning, will not make it (as well as a couple of others). We tried our best but we didn't want to postpone the next release any longer. Even as it is, there are people that think C::B development has died  :shock:  (don't ask me why :)).
These features are being actively worked on but they haven't reached a "stable" state yet, so they 're left for v1.5. The roadmap will be updated accordingly when it's clear what made it and what didn't.
[/quote]

C::B dev died....

Uhm.... DevCpp addicted people??

Max

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 12:52:13 pm »

C::B dev died....
[/quote]

:?

Uhm.... DevCpp addicted people??

:?

PS.: I can also wait for it. No problems. Take all the time you need :).

Offline orefa

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 04:38:28 pm »
there are people that think C::B development has died  :shock:  (don't ask me why :)).

Mainly on the basis that RC2 dates so far back, which is all most visitors see on the main page before clicking away. Most will not drill down into the forum to keep posted on all the active development that is happening.

RC3 will do a lot of good for CB's reputation when it makes it to the front page. For the rest of us who visit here regularly, the nightlies already offer all (or most of) the goodies that will be in RC3 so it will have less impact. The 1.0 release however will be a real milestone since most bugs will have been eradicated and so development of even more features can then be considered.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 06:32:55 pm »
I'm so glad!

Btw, do you think v1.0 Final will be ready around july or september? I know a couple of projects whose members will be glad to use C::B.

Oh - hi all  :mrgreen: long time, no see. I was just passing around and thought of giving you a visit.

Offline liuke520

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 09:27:51 am »
Just what the title says. The release has been postponed for the 4th or 11th of June (coming Sunday or the next).

The reasons for this don't have to do with the development state of Code::Blocks, but rather with some (small) real-life problems of two team members (me and Thomas).

Thanks for understanding :).

Yiannis.

<Moderator edit>
Deleted foreign lanuage.
Only English in these forums please.
</Moderator edit>
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 09:33:17 am by mandrav »

Offline bluekid

• What is blue ? Blue is the invisible becoming visi
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 08:06:39 am »
like RC2 with mingw  can you make package for RC3 with wx binarys and of course mingw ?
because compiling of wx library problem for many people - look forums and for me also :oops:-
What is blue ? Blue is the invisible becoming visible.