Author Topic: Version Number Bump  (Read 4849 times)

Offline HeroreV

• Single posting newcomer
Version Number Bump
« on: May 26, 2006, 06:20:35 pm »
Tody I moved from 1.0rc2 to the 20060525 nightly, and I was very surprised to see how much had changed. I was even more surprised to see Code::Blocks still labeled as version 1.0. I think there are definately enough changes to warrent bumping the version number to 1.1 and considering 1.0 to be canceled. Is there any reasoning behind the current version number, or has it just not been considered?

sethjackson

Re: Version Number Bump
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 06:29:19 pm »
Tody I moved from 1.0rc2 to the 20060525 nightly, and I was very surprised to see how much had changed. I was even more surprised to see Code::Blocks still labeled as version 1.0. I think there are definately enough changes to warrent bumping the version number to 1.1 and considering 1.0 to be canceled. Is there any reasoning behind the current version number, or has it just not been considered?

Maybe this will help.

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Roadmap_for_version_1.0

ProutDeMammouth

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 06:33:55 pm »
Is there any reasoning behind the current version number, or has it just not been considered?
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Roadmap_for_version_1.0

It is because there are still lots of bugs remaining.

Offline HeroreV

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 09:30:45 pm »
I'm not saying the next nightly should be declared version 1.1. I'm just saying that when the next official release is made, I think it would be more appropriately declared version 1.1. If not, the jump from 1.0rc2 to 1.0rc3 will be rediculously tremendous.

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 11:55:21 pm »
See my post explaining this here.

Offline HeroreV

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 08:45:18 am »
Ok, thank you for your response. You explained it very well. Would it be good to include a notice on the main page? Something like "Please note that Code::Blocks has dropped back to alpha. These release clients are not indicative of current functionality." or something would be helpful, at least to me.

I'm amazed at how well C::B is coming along. This nightly is really quite amazing. Thank you for all your hard work.

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 08:41:34 pm »
Although it took quite a while for the CB team to alert the world to the nightlies and put them in the user section of the forum, I think the webpage is quite clear now:
Quote from: CB Web Site
Latest official release: 1.0rc2, Oct 25, 2005
Development snapshots are also available, one each night (try them, they 're pretty stable and unbelievably feature-rich!).