Author Topic: Build problems with svn  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Jorg

• Multiple posting newcomer
Build problems with svn
« on: May 20, 2006, 02:37:00 pm »
Hi all,

I finally got some time to play with builiding code::blocks. I tried loading the unix project in Code::Blocks which I had installed, it built ok, but the codeblocks exec could not find the libcodeblocks.so file while it was in the same dir. I decided to remove the code::blocks rpm to avoid .so clashes and went for the automake.

At first, the automake could not finx wxwin.m4 which I solved by making a symlink in /usr/share/aclocal which did the trick. The bootrstap worked, and configure worked also. But now I am stuck.

This is my wxWidgets build setup:
- wx2.6.3
- unicode
- static build, seperate libs
- release

I have build wwxWidgets and installed it with prefix /home/jorg/related/src/wxGTK.2.6.3-unicode-release, which keeps my system clean as it only wrote everything in that dir, and not across my whole system

I have configured code::blocks with:

./configure --prefix=/home/jorg/bin/codeblocks --disable-shared

And compilng went allright. However, with linking I got errors about the libs being used:

libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../..//libfreetype.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../..//libfontconfig.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../..//libglitz.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../..//libjpeg.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../..//libtiff.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../..//libexpat.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../..//libstdc++.la' seems to be moved

*** Warning: Linking the shared library libcodeblocks.la against the
*** static library /home/jorg/related/src/wxGTK-2.6.3-unicode-release//lib/libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.a is not portable!

*** static library /home/jorg/related/src/wxGTK-2.6.3-unicode-release//lib/libwx_gtk2u_qa-2.6.a is not portable!

*** static library /home/jorg/related/src/wxGTK-2.6.3-unicode-release//lib/libwx_gtk2u_html-2.6.a is not portable!

*** static library /home/jorg/related/src/wxGTK-2.6.3-unicode-release//lib/libwx_gtk2u_adv-2.6.a is not portable!

*** static library /home/jorg/related/src/wxGTK-2.6.3-unicode-release//lib/libwx_gtk2u_core-2.6.a is not portable!

*** static library /home/jorg/related/src/wxGTK-2.6.3-unicode-release//lib/libwx_baseu_xml-2.6.a is not portable!

*** static library /home/jorg/related/src/wxGTK-2.6.3-unicode-release//lib/libwx_baseu_net-2.6.a is not portable!

*** static library /home/jorg/related/src/wxGTK-2.6.3-unicode-release//lib/libwx_baseu-2.6.a is not portable!
rm -fr .libs/libcodeblocks.lax
mkdir .libs/libcodeblocks.lax
rm -fr .libs/libcodeblocks.lax/libangelscript.a
mkdir .libs/libcodeblocks.lax/libangelscript.a
(cd .libs/libcodeblocks.lax/libangelscript.a && ar x /home/jorg/related/src/codeblocks-head/trunk/src/sdk/as/.libs/libangelscript.a)
libtool: link: ERROR: object name conflicts: .libs/libcodeblocks.lax/libangelscript.a//home/jorg/related/src/codeblocks-head/trunk/src/sdk/as/.libs/libangelscript.a
make[4]: *** [libcodeblocks.la] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/jorg/related/src/codeblocks-head/trunk/src/sdk'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jorg/related/src/codeblocks-head/trunk/src/sdk'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jorg/related/src/codeblocks-head/trunk/src/sdk'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jorg/related/src/codeblocks-head/trunk/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
jorg@burgess:~/related/src/codeblocks-head/trunk>

Which left me in the dark. I assume the static linking does not want to work here. It expects shared libs, but I do not have that. I am also uncertain if I can use shared libs in combination with a wxWidgets that is not in the normal install path (I did not use make install as root, nor did I use ldconfig)

So, can I build with a static library, or do I need to somehow use shared libraries for code::blocks?

Thanks,
- Jorgen

« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 02:39:03 pm by Jorg »

Offline Jorg

Re: Build problems with svn
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 04:19:30 pm »
Ok, I recompiled wxWidgets with shared libs and managed to get the build process complete. I have a prefixed code::blocks now in the directory /home/jorg/codeblocks

And when I try to execute code::blocks, I get a problem with a shared lib. Any ideas?

jorg@burgess:~/bin/codeblocks/bin> ./codeblocks
./codeblocks: symbol lookup error: /home/jorg/bin/codeblocks/lib/libwxscintilla.so.0: undefined symbol: _ZNK17wxGenericListCtrl16DoClientToScreenEPiS0_

The wxscintilla version that is compiled with code::blocks is not right. Is there a patch I must apply or something?
Thanks in advance.

- Jorgen
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 05:00:20 pm by Jorg »

Offline Jorg

Re: Build problems with svn
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 04:56:32 pm »
Ok Got it!

I am pretty new to this library thing, but after I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the proper wx2.6.3 I built, everything seemed to work!
Congrats go to the Code::Blocks team, this new version is greatly improved!

- Jorgen