Author Topic: A small visual suggestion for the wizard templates  (Read 3825 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
A small visual suggestion for the wizard templates
« on: May 18, 2006, 06:44:42 pm »
Hello,

I have just a small and low priority suggestion about the wizard templates. When selecting a template, e.g., console application wizard, a new dialog is opened. To the left there is a blue rectangle that contains the C::B logo. The problem is that the color of the rectangle is quite the same of the color of one of the C::B logo blocks. This make the visual effect not so good. Would be possible to reduce the intensity of the rectangle blue color?

Also the color of the rectangle is added to the C::B logo, which modifies the single color of each C::B logo block.

Thank you :).

Best wishes,
Michael

sethjackson

Re: A small visual suggestion for the wizard templates
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 07:07:01 pm »
Hello,

I have just a small and low priority suggestion about the wizard templates. When selecting a template, e.g., console application wizard, a new dialog is opened. To the left there is a blue rectangle that contains the C::B logo. The problem is that the color of the rectangle is quite the same of the color of one of the C::B logo blocks. This make the visual effect not so good. Would be possible to reduce the intensity of the rectangle blue color?

Also the color of the rectangle is added to the C::B logo, which modifies the single color of each C::B logo block.

Thank you :).

Best wishes,
Michael

Code: cpp
while (1)
    ++MichaelSuggestion;

I'm all for it (can't you tell).  :D

takeshimiya

Re: A small visual suggestion for the wizard templates
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 02:31:56 am »
Would be possible to reduce the intensity of the rectangle blue color?

I have another feature request (feature removement?) suggestion: can't be the bitmaps removed at all? They are not essential.

Here are the pro's and contra's of them:

Advantages:
-It's a bit cool
Disvantages:
-It introduces a lot of overhead to the template makers. It's not a problem when we have less than 10 templates, but when we'll have a lot more, it's like that could take more (unnecessary) time for the template creators.
-It introduces a manteinance problem: the image size, if we someday want to rearrange or resize the dialogs, the images will all have to be  recreated. This happens over time as people get bigger monitors :P
-If all images are created by different people all will differ greatly, some with blue background, some not, and makes an inconsistent experience.
-It can make legal problems, creators will spent time:
  1) searching a good image in nice quality,
  2) editing it (can take time, and the creators would have to have knowledge in image editing), and
  3) checking if the image doesn't breaks licenses.
-Not that important, but only with 50 image templates (not unlikely) it'll add more than 2MB to the download size.

The main problem is the mainteinance overhead.