Author Topic: Project Name?  (Read 3858 times)

Filisoft

Project Name?
« on: May 16, 2006, 08:50:00 pm »
Hello. I'm trying to make C::B work with the avr-gcc compiler. I figured it out, but now I'm trying to make some project template in order to have all the settings in place when creating new projects.
My question is: could I change automatically the output file according to the project name? I mean when I click on my template, it asks me the project name and then it should autocomplete the exe_output with my project name (and append an .elf extension). It it something like a $project_name variable I could use?

Thank you

Filisoft

Re: Project Name?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 09:18:18 pm »
Guess what? A short check at http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Builtin_variables revealed that there IS a $(PROJECT_NAME) variable. And it works for the exe output name, but I can't make it work in the post-build commands (it isn't parsed, it just goes there as text)

Filisoft

Re: Project Name?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 09:23:05 pm »
Ok, sorry for the triple-post, but the registration e-mail isn't comming and I had to post :D
It seems that even if in the command-line the variables ar displayed as $(variable), they are parsed. Everything works ok now.  8)