User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Trying to find a debugger to use with VCTK

(1/3) > >>

Anonymous:
Im running codeblocks as a solution for an IDE that I can use mobily from a flashdrive.  Take it to work and code, take it home and code, take it to a familymembers house and code.  I'm really please with the simplicity of getting codeblocks to do that much.  I'm not very sure about a debugger though.  What sort of debugger can I use with the VC Toolkit that I can just as easily run from the same flashdrive?

rickg22:
Um currently Codeblocks can only use GDB.  Why not try? :)

mandrav:

--- Quote ---What sort of debugger can I use with the VC Toolkit that I can just as easily run from the same flashdrive?
--- End quote ---

Something is in the works ;)
Stay tuned.

Yiannis.

bszente:
MinGW always produces smaller exe files, than VCTK. I think that GCC is better than VCTK, but you can try to do a comparison.
I have VCTK installed, and at the beginnig I used it, but after trying MinGW, I don't use it anymore.
I'm very pleased with MinGW, it can do much more optimizations that VCTK can do. And the debugger is also working very well.

jludvig:
MinGW? I'm coding VST plugins and I've had big problems trying to compile the neccesary SDK's with MinGW. I have no problem beleiving that it's a better compiler - I'm sure it is, but those of us depending on SDK's developed for microsoft compilers are kind of stuck with the toolkit. Please correct me if I'm wrong - I'd love to be wrong on this one :-)

So mandrav: what's cooking? Are you developing a debugger that integrates with VC Toolkit? Please tell us more...

In the meantime I recommend WinDbg a free debugger from Microsoft. It has all the features except: no syntax highlighting in the source viewer... and it's annoying to leave the IDE for debugging, but... it works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version