Author Topic: HOWTO; Install wxMSW / wxWidgets  (Read 6652 times)

bahny

HOWTO; Install wxMSW / wxWidgets
« on: April 21, 2006, 02:26:47 am »
I'm a noob at configuration.  So, to decide what goes on for the future, I might as well bring on the ruckus and get down and dirty with wxWidgets.  Please put any comments as to howto install wxWidgets on M$.  If this has been already mentioned, I'll put some quotes to make sure everything gets included.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 08:00:00 am by bahny »

bahny

Re: HOWTO; Install wxMSW
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 02:39:21 am »
Pardon the disruption, but I have found the site that contains information on installing this thing.  It's here, right here.  I'm telling you, that guy knows where to get stuff.  Anyway, continue on ples.  Here y go

bahny

Re: HOWTO; Install wxMSW
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 02:50:57 am »
sorry.  i'm kinda tempted right now as to check other links for a complete guide.

// the link above isn't fully established.  please post any comments or questions as to howto so the install
// for wxMSW can be fully understood.  thanks for the accordance.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 07:56:10 am by bahny »

bahny

Re: HOWTO; Install wxMSW / wxWidgets
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 04:54:16 pm »
i've found the site to get wxWidgets integrated with C::B.  The site is here.

bahny

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 04:00:09 pm »
sorry.  i can't manage to get wx-Widgets installed with codeblocks.  anyone got info please post here.  i'm stuck on the compiling where it's missing something.

sethjackson

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 04:42:40 pm »
sorry.  i can't manage to get wx-Widgets installed with codeblocks.  anyone got info please post here.  i'm stuck on the compiling where it's missing something.

What error/warnings do you get? What C::B version? What wx version?

bahny

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 02:15:27 pm »
i have the widgets compiled from 2.6.3.  but i dunno where to get it started as per se codeblocks were to be integrated with it.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 02:52:24 pm »
If you have compiled wxWidgets correctly (according to the WiKi) then you can start by clicking on the wxWidgets template right away.
You'll be asked to set a variable when you create the project, and that's all there is to set up.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

bahny

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 09:11:35 am »
it's kinda feisty to always include the path to widgets on every project.  no problem, though i'm not sure how to start the widgets in codeblocks.  so all i need is to get that finished and i'm off.

sethjackson

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 01:37:07 pm »
it's kinda feisty to always include the path to widgets on every project.  no problem, though i'm not sure how to start the widgets in codeblocks.  so all i need is to get that finished and i'm off.

Are you using RC2? Get a nightly here then use the #wx global user variable.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 02:10:57 pm by sethjackson »

bahny

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 03:55:51 pm »
nevermind.  i just switched to linux for license concerns.  don't want to get caught using a rusty copy.  thanks anyways.