Author Topic: Cannot compile with Code::Blocks/MinGW/STLport and OGRE  (Read 4521 times)

webwraith

Cannot compile with Code::Blocks/MinGW/STLport and OGRE
« on: April 11, 2006, 04:53:25 am »
Right, after a while of muddling through with Code::Blocks 1.0rc2, I left Ogre for a while to come back when my head stopped spinning from the continual failures. Glutton for punishment that I am, I came back.

"Oh, look," I said " a new section to the WIKI on Code::Blocks and MinGW! I'd best have a gander..."

So, 2 hours later, I'm staring at the screen in frustration, as yet again I can't seem to get Ogre to even want to get out of bed and perform.
I've DLed the latest nightly release of Code::Blocks (11 April version), DLed all the parts to MinGW that are listed on the WIKI, and checked each and every one of the build options, but do you think I can get the flipping samples to compile?

Can I hell.
(Sorry about the language, I'm writing this at 04:00hrs)

First it couldn't find the stlport debug library, which I fixed with supplying a direct path to the correct folder ($(OGRE_HOME)\stlport\lib & $(OGRE_HOME)\bin\$(TARGET_NAME) were already in place), then I had to do the same with OgreMain_d.Now it gives me a list of 19 apparently "undefined references" to class methods that I'm pretty sure are supposed to be in there. I'm pretty sure that Ogre isn't to blame, but can anybody shine any light on this topic? As far as I can tell, I've done everything right.

takeshimiya

Re: Cannot compile with Code::Blocks/MinGW/STLport and OGRE
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 05:24:40 am »
I'm assuming you followed from top to bottom this guide, right?
http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/CodeBlocks_MingW_STLPort

webwraith

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 12:59:33 pm »
Yep,that's the one. As far as I can tell, I've followed it to the letter

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 01:47:10 pm »
Make sure you read this thread (at Ogre forums) which has various troubleshooting tips...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...