Author Topic: Ogre\ Code::blocks headache  (Read 9842 times)

webwraith

Ogre\ Code::blocks headache
« on: March 06, 2006, 05:46:38 pm »
I've been trying for a while now to get the Ogre3D engine to work with Code::Blocks, but I'm still having troubles.
I followed the instructions on Wiki to the letter, and couldn't get it to even compile, however, oddly enough, one WinXP reinstall later, and I got  the sample code to run almost immediately.

My problem come when I try to run the program (both from within Code::Blocks and without), I just keep getting an initialization error, but I dont know whether this is a problem with Code::Blocks making a mistake when it compiles and links, or whether there's a problem with the way I have windows set up

the hex error number is:00xc0150002, and the program never actually starts, instead, code::block console_runner window appears, along with a dialog, with the error report.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, or if I should be contacting Microsoft instead, but I don't relly want to run the VCTK from the command line, or splash out money I don't have on a full blown Microsoft compiler.

I've got everything sorted out as in the Wiki, and I'm using the right compiler with my project, so I don't think it's these.

Any help would be appreciated.

sethjackson

Re: Ogre\ Code::blocks headache
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 06:03:59 pm »
You are using the Ogre template? console_runner is for console apps only I don't think it is in the Ogre template....

EDIT:

Oh yeah you could use GCC.  :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 06:06:59 pm by sethjackson »

webwraith

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 07:30:50 pm »
I need to compile for that one, right? I tried that before and kept getting errors. I'll try it again, though, and post back here whether or not it worked.

Also, can I use the GCC version, with MinGW?

or do I have to get the MinGW-specific version?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 07:32:52 pm by webwraith »

sethjackson

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 07:32:30 pm »
Ok if you use the Ogre template, and you use the VCTK you need to use the VCTK Ogre template not the GCC version. Otherwise use the GCC Ogre template.

webwraith

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 07:44:11 pm »
Yeah, that's what I tried before, and the whole thing was the straight-lace template included with Code::Blocks.
Like I said, I DLed all the VCTK, PSDK and everything else, just like it says in the Wiki.

Right, I can't actually find a GCC port anywhere, although there is one for MinGW, I'm assuming that's the one?

sethjackson

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 07:46:40 pm »

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 07:48:54 pm »
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=MinGW_installation

IMHO, better to use the MinGW 5.0.2 (see www.mingw.org).

[EDIT] And also do not forget to update win32api & binutils files. Moreover, you can install the GCC 3.4.5 (or even the GCC 4.1.0 that Ceniza kindly provided :D).

Best wishes,
Michael
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 07:55:26 pm by Michael »

sethjackson

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 07:50:51 pm »
True. :D

webwraith

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 08:22:51 pm »
OK, I've got no idea what to do now. I've downloaded MinGW 5.0.2, but I don't know what to do next
A little help, please?

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 08:40:37 pm »
OK, I've got no idea what to do now. I've downloaded MinGW 5.0.2, but I don't know what to do next
A little help, please?

After downloading MinGW 5.0.2, you start it, chose candidate  and the install directory possibly in C:\MinGW. When the installation is finished you download the latest win32api and binutils packages and decompress them. Usually, in each package there are bin, include, etc. directories. you just copy and paste each of this directory in C:\MinGW. Then you download GCC 3.4.5 and do the same. If you want, you can also download Ceniza's GCC 4.1.0 and install it.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 08:56:08 pm »
A little help, please?

Please have a look at the wiki...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...