Author Topic: Of course, once one thing is fixed, there's always got to be another problem.  (Read 4700 times)

Offline ZekeDragon

• Multiple posting newcomer
I have the most recent nightly build (as of today, rev. 2056), and it's giving me a brand new problem I've never had to deal with before.  I've searched the forum boards to see what it could come up with, but nothing.  I'd like to first off thank everyone for having the patience to deal with someone like me, because it seems like all I'm getting done is causing problems for you guys.  Anyway, it's giving me this now...

"Compiling: sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp
mingw32-g++.exe: no input files
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings"

That's all any project that I open up gives me when I attempt to build them.  Any ideas?

- Zeke
I broke it again.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Change Compiler logging to Full command line (Settings->Compiler & Debugger->Other), and then post the compile log.

The error probably stems from the fact that the nightly builds are WIP versions of Code::Blocks; and it's probably already been fixed in the most recent revision.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline ZekeDragon

• Multiple posting newcomer
Here you go:

"mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -g -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -Winvalid-pch -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DTIXML_USE_STL -DCB_PRECOMP -DWX_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -D__WX__ -DWINVER=0x0400 -DSCI_LEXER -DLINK_LEXERS -DWXMAKINGDLL_SCI  -IC:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\include -IC:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IC:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -IC:\wxWidgets-2.6.2\contrib\include -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Isdk\propgrid\include -Isdk\wxscintilla\include -Isdk\wxscintilla\src\scintilla\include -Isdk\wxscintilla\src\scintilla\src -I"C:\Documents and Settings\Zeke\Desktop\CB_01feb2006_rev1916_win32\"  -c sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp -o .objs\2.6\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.o
mingw32-g++.exe: no input files
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings"

And the version I'm using is the most recent, as of Feb. 21st, 2006.    :)

- Zeke
I broke it again.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
-I"C:\Documents and Settings\Zeke\Desktop\CB_01feb2006_rev1916_win32\"
This portion of the command line jumped out at me as being suspect, and sure enough, it worked when I removed it. As it turns out, GCC's problem is with the trailing backslash, so if you hunt that path down in your C::B build options (or it might be in your global variables) and get rid of the backslash on the end, it should work.

And the version I'm using is the most recent, as of Feb. 21st, 2006.    :)
Lesson 1: If you're having problems with an SVN version of Code::Blocks, update to the most recent revision and recompile to make sure it hasn't been fixed already.

Lesson 2: You can never be sure you have the most recent revision, because people are making changes and updating all the time.
Quote from: svn info svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/trunk
Path: trunk
URL: svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/trunk
Repository Root: svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks
Repository UUID: 98b59c6a-2706-0410-b7d6-d2fa1a1880c9
Revision: 2057
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: mandrav
Last Changed Rev: 2057
Last Changed Date: 2006-02-21 11:24:31 -0700 (Tue, 21 Feb 2006)

Quite the quandary, isn't it? :D

Cheers,
JohnE / TDragon
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)